“Perfect food, nice staff, would defo return.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Littleport, Ely.
“Perfect food, nice staff, would defo return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went there a couple of weeks back, had one of the best fillet steaks I've ever had (must try the very varied 'exotic' meats on offer next time!) The young friendly staff (I believe family) were great at keeping an eye on our needs like drinks etc and quite chatty n helpful about the menu.

We finished off with a drink at the bar chatting to one of the owners about the place and how they came to own it, and although the owner had to rush off to attend customers as her partner pointed out they were busy, all in all, wonderful!

I must say about the other review recently that to complain there's no fish at a steakhouse is ridiculous! It's like going in Nando's and complaining they don't have any beef :/ As far as a drinks are I believe this opens around 2nd of December 2012 - (the meal was that good I found n followed them on facebook and they post regular news.) -though personally we found plenty of tables to sit at if we wanted to just drink after. I'm sure they could rustle up some olives. Lord the things people complain of.

Having only lived in the village 18months it's a massive welcome improvement on the previous occupation which we went to once and never again. Definately would return!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We've gone to the steakhouse a number of times and absolutely love it! We've done steakhouses in England before and have never been impressed until this one. I come from Texas so I am kind of a steak snob lol. Not only are the steaks seasoned perfectly but they are also cooked to perfection every time we go! Appetizers are always delicious and fresh as well! And the staff are absolutely amazing! I def. recommend this restaurants to everyone that is looking for a good steak.The one thing that I would like to see on the menu would have to be a fully loaded baked potato, Texas style :P That would make my dreams come true! lol We haven't been back in a couple of months but Don't you worry, we'll be back soon!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridgeshire
“Good food but poor service and amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We visited for my husbands birthday, a group of 7 of us plus our 4 month old baby. We really enjoyed our food when it eventually arrived, but had a few issues with other aspects of the experience. There was only 1 waiter, who seemed very inexperienced and extremely slow. There was neither any Guinness or southern comfort. The atmosphere was a bit lacking, it was cold, no music on to provide a bit of ambience. But what we were most disappointed with we're the lack of baby changing facilities-when I asked the staff our waiter didn't know if they had any (!) he asked who appeared to be the manager who informed me I could do it on the floor of the disabled loo. For a restaurant which states it is child friendly we all thought this appalling. We did all agree the food was great, main courses reasonably priced but puddings seemed very overpriced. However the failings in the other areas mean we would be unlikely to return, disappointing for us as this is a local venue to us.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ely, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience with exotic fare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Tried this restaurant as an ending to my birthday celebrations, and I was not disappointed! Lovely staff, warm and inviting atmosphere ... and the food was AMAZING! I had the water buffalo (tender and juicy) and my husband had the crocodile burger (so tasty). Children's menu was nice and my daughter loved her food (and her ice cream after dinner!). I would recommend this restaurant for anything from a nice dinner out with the entire family, to an intimate dinner for two, to a gathering of great friends. We will DEFINITELY be back as soon as we can!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ely
“should have a bar area”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited here when it first opened and were totally disappointed by the menu, (NO FISH) and not having anywhere to sit at the bar. The restaurant has table seating available only and I think they are missing a trick. Some of the residents in the village would love to have somewhere to have a drink, maybe a bottle of wine and some picky bits(olives etc) and maybe decide IF they would like to eat but not HAVE to book a table. There is nowhere to have a pre dinner drink here or to wait and meet up with friends before your table is ready. If this was an upmarket restaurant I could accept this, but as it is only a freezer to table kind of joint, I think they are being a little sniffy. Not very friendly or amenable.

Visited July 2012