“Yummy soup on a rainy day!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #232 of 510 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Yummy soup on a rainy day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Went in wanting a bowl of pho, was a bit disappointed that they only serve a beef one as I usually get chicken, my partner went for the pho and I opted for a seafood soup. Both were fantastic with very flavourful broth and we left very full! Theit handmade green tea is amazing as well

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We loved it here! The food was delicious (we're veggie) and we would eat there time and time again if we could! Really gutted we don't live closer! The staff were lovely - we we a little nervous at first as we brought our baby who was gearing up for a pre sleep kick off but they helped us keep him entertained and smiling and the food was nice and quick.

Visited August 2013
Great Shelford, United Kingdom
“Wasn't a great experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came here with my friends after receiving a recommendation, the waitress seemed to be quite angry for some reason (Not really acceptable in the service industry) and the food was supermodel sized in terms of its portions. The little bits of food I did get though were very tasty.

I gave this an average score because I feel like maybe we just got a raw deal with our waitress and maybe it could have been a lot better. Still, tiny sized portions.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lauder, United Kingdom
“Great little Vietnamese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a beautiful meal at this lovely little understated restaurant. Very friendly staff. The quality of the food was excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending this great little restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Probable Racial Discrimination”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This review is not about the food or service, which were perfectly fine. Instead, I am writing this review to report a very troubling incident we witnessed at this restaurant. My fiance and I were having a nice meal. At around 7:30pm a young Middle Eastern-looking couple with a small child came in and were immediately told that the restaurant was full. There are several disconcerting facts that lead us to concluded that the couple had been turned away simply because of the colour of their skin.
1) Being a Monday night, there were approximately eight empty 2 person tables at the time. None had reserved signs on them.
2) My fiance and I did not have a reservation and were seated in a very nice table next to the window just a few minutes before (we are also white).
3) Earlier a (white) family with small children the same age as the Middle Eastern couple's child were seated without a reservation.

I would like to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately I really cannot think of a legitimate reason for turning away the couple. They were well dressed and seemed like perfectly nice, normal people who were just looking for a place to eat.
The women who turned them away was middle-aged and was behind the "bar" next to the door. I got the impression that she was the owner and/or manager.

Visited July 2013