“Cheap, quick food!” 4 of 5 stars

+44 1223 363471
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai, Pacific Rim, Noodle, Pan-Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Dojo is a hugely popular restaurant serving street noodles from the Far East. From rich creamy Malaysian Laksas to ocean flavoured Japanese Seafood Soup Udon, Dojo centres on their uncompromising passion for serving quality noodles at fantastically reasonable prices.Dojo is renowned for Excellent Value for Money using the freshest ingredients and premium grade herbs and spices.No MSG additives are used in the restaurant's cooking reflecting the restaurant's dedication to serving healthier food as well. Having undergone a recent major interior refurbishment, Dojo has a contemporary design with cross-overs into a "Chinoiserie" style.. This cross-over is particularly exemplified with a 10 metre feature wall showing an enchanting hand-painted mural of lush summer faunas and vivid songbirds in an Oriental garden. From spring onwards, Dojo's access to Millers Court Yard, provides for fantastic al fresco dining.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Cheap, quick food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Huge variety of dishes and portions are huge! They cook everything to order. Not the place for a relaxing meal but the atmosphere is great if you're beginning your night here. Vegetarian choices are great. I have had takeaway from here before and that was also excellent. If you are brave give their chilli sauces a go. They will knock your head off!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dojo N, Public Relations Manager at Dojo, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hi Leah

Thank you so much for your positive review of Dojo. It's all down to our relentless front of house staff and kitchen brigade working tirelessly to ensure that our customers enjoy a wonderful time at Dojo. Thanks again and see you soon.

Cardiff
“Tasty and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We loved the variety of the fare offered, the friendly service and the cosmopolitan ambiance.

Although it was busy we never felt either rushed or neglected. The staff couldn't do enough.

Our choices were delicious and tasted fresh.

We can certainly recommend it. Great value and excellent vegetarian choices as well.

When we come back to Cambridge we will visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Purzzel

Thank you so much for your most generous comments on our restaurant. To us, a restaurant is about serving great food with great service and I am thrilled that we lived up to your expectations.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up about us and we very much look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Cambridge.

London, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been going to Dojos for many years and love it. The portions are huge (you can take any you can't finish home in a box) and the food is very tasty. It is always busy but service is always fast. A student favourite that is great value for money!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dojo N, Public Relations Manager at Dojo, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Nss41
Thank you so much for your most positive review. It's customers like yourself whom have been with us over these years that make us motivated to continue serving great food with good service. Thank you for taking the time to write about us and see you soon! Kind Rgds, Simon
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Best laksa I have ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are huge fans of this type of cuisine and were looking forward to our meal here. Visited on a Monday night and were very lucky that we could get a table outside as they were very busy. We both ordered a freshly made fruit juice which were both great. Starters and mains were delicious. As my title says I would highly recommended the laksa! Defi the best I've ever had! Huge portions especially at how reasonable the prices are! Would highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Georgina
I am genuinely thrilled to hear your comments about our laksa. Having stayed in Kuala Lumpur for 10 yrs, I knew our laksa was good and its' so pleasing to hear that our customers share the same sentiment. Thank you so much for taking the time out to write about us and hope to see you soon at Dojo! Kind Rgds, Simon

P.S if you like the spicier, S.E Asian type of food, I also would strongly recommend the satay chicken (starters), our Sambal Mee Goreng noodles and our Penang Curry (with rice). Enjoy!
Saffron Walden, UK
“Good Food, Reasonable Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had heard good reports of this restaurant and wasn't disappointed - the food was pretty good and was good value for the portion size and for the price paid. The menu is quite extensive and is a selection from different Asian countries - best to ask if you particularly want something a little spicier as the menu description is on the basic side. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food ordered arrived very promptly. There is another noodle bar in Cambridge that I do prefer but I certainly wouldn't object to going to Dojo again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dojo N, Public Relations Manager at Dojo, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi 2GuysSW
Thank you kindly for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our food and service up to expectations, and given your comments would have expected 4 stars rather than the 3 stars given (3 stars meaning Average).

You are absolutely right in asking our staff for the spicier options. Given that you are well travelled and are likely to seek for authentic dishes, I strongly suggest that you ask our staff the house specials rather than go along with the most popular items (since most popular may not translate to our best dishes). Indeed, you may wish to inform our staff that you wish for your dish to be stronger flavoured (in line with Asian taste given that many of our dishes' recipes have been tweaked to meet western taste).

Thank you for giving us an opportunity. I hope the next time round, we can serve food which would even delight you further (I have personal recommendations of what I would eat at Dojo, if you would like this pdf file, pls simply let me know and provide your email to me via a reply).

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us.