“Celebration meal” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #153 of 512 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Celebration meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had a great meal. Good service, great food and good atmosphere.
Whitebate was slightly larger than expected but main courses fab. I had fish pie which was very tasty. Really refreshing nice ice cold cider..Aspals I think!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visited this restaurant after a long break as it was not as good as on previous occasions. Unfortunately even though we got a price deal on a taste card the food was in edible. My fish pie was crusty, dry and full of brown peas and bones. My husbands meal looked better, he had a burger, but it was over cooked.
Staff however were very attentive, polite and hard working... They deserve a good chef!

Needless to say even as a reduced price evening we will not be returning.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“one of my favourite restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very good food and good atmosphere. This is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Cambridge. My only slight gripe is that I think the wine is slightly overpriced for the quality. Apart from this, a great restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went for dinner at d'Arry's on a Tuesday night (steak night). I haven't visited this restaurant for a few years so expected that everything may have changed and standards slipped so I was pleasantly surprised that they hadn't.
Staff were attentive, patient and well-informed. The atmosphere was relaxed but with a slight buzz. We had starter and main courses and had no complaints. I definitely won't leave it as long before I visit again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had one of our work Christmas meals here, and the food was excellent considering it was a large group. I am slightly fussy when it comes to cooking the meat I eat and had asked for my duck well done (I know it's a big NO NO) it was perfect and just melted in my mouth.
So to say the least I am very shock to see bad reports on here?! The staff are very friendly and very efficient, would recommend for small or large parties.

• Visited December 2013