“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

When we first turned up for dinner, it was so crowded that we almost turned around and left. However, staff were very polite and efficient at seating us, and it was definitely worth the wait. Excellent food, even better service, and we very much look forward to coming here again. P.S. Try the 'Green Dragon' sushi - beautifully presented and delicious!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Haverhill, England, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We come here when we can it's a really lovely place and they were very attentive. The food is always amazing and the service is top notch, I think it's a really good idea to give you a order form so you can browse the menu and add stuff as you go

avid traveller
“Love it....come back everytime!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I love this place. I must say I don't have a photographic memory of the menu but it offered the staples....beef chicken lamb pork and then also some seafood dishes and also duck. I'm fairly sure it also offered some sushi. The options then are rice and a few different types of noodles...my fav is udon!! I love the system too. You have your own ordering pad....so you choose what you like....say number 42. then you put how many of that dish you want....same for drinks and sides. Then there is a little comment option for any variations but it is very easy to talk to any member of staff. Its a lovely cosy place with really tasty fresh food...with big portions. They also have highchairs for babies and nice clean bathrooms with a change table in the wheelchair access bathroom. I'm not sure about kids meals because my kids love the noodles anyway. And they aren't over flavoured if you are worried about your kids... (I tend to add soy sauce to mine). And because I got one meal which I split between both of my kids and they still didn't eat all of it...they put the rest in a take-away box when I asked. Try the Japanese beer with your meal!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A really nice place for Japanese Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went there on my recent trip to Cambridge. It is a wonderful place to eat. Good atmosphere, clean and not excessively pricey. The service is good and I would definitely go there whenever I have a chance to visit Cambridge.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Perfect for an Oriental lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We discovered this eatery on recommendation from a friend about its mostly Japanese inspired menu. We were sure to have a wide selection of foods and were not disappointed.

I had the pork noodle soup alongside maki rolls and was impressed! The food quality and range is very good for an English-based Japanese restaurant. Feels quite genuine in its execution and presentation. The choice of sushi and hot dishes is notable and there will always be something for everyone.

My only qualm with the place is the atmosphere. You're on display with the all-glass windows and the tables seem a little cheap. It looks a lot like Wagamama in that regard and it feels less personal. Granted it does have some trinkets and colourful walls to help reduce the genericness a touch but it's not quite enough to dispel my feelings of sterility.

However, for an Asian fix at lunchtime, it's a great option. Also there are punting trips available outside too which is a nice feature!

• Visited November 2013