“Cambridge v Chester” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Cambridge v Chester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Prior to today's conference league game. My wife and I met up with friends who are also chester supporters. The Kingston Arms is a real ale pub which is slotted in between a row of terraced houses the beer is good and the food is good value. Look at the recession menu for both beer and food. The pub is situated in Kingston Street, Cambridge. It is worth a visit , even more so if you are a member of CAMRA (campaign for real ale).

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Always good beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Beer Beer Beer, there is always a wide selection, and the JHB is always tip top! They also have cigars for sale

Visited February 2014
Retford, United Kingdom
“Good Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I read the revues about the service and I can only report that we found the opposite to be the truth. Seven of us squeezed in on a very busy Saturday night and we found the bar staff very helpful indeed. The food was good and reasonably priced and there was a great selection of real ales, most of which we tried between us. When we were finding it difficult to get to the bar because we were a bit hemmed in the barman saw our problem and proceeded to take our drinks orders from the table, describing the beers and ferrying over our selections. One mistake on the food order was rectified immediately with good grace and a free beer! All in all a good, friendly, proper pub.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Brewers Slops!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

On a trip from Clacton, we looked forward to our visit to the Cambridge Pubs we'd drunk in before .It was 6-30 p.m.on Tuesday 18th February and at the Kingston Arms-Brewers Gold-wow!
Prompt service and my wife settled down on a stool away from me.The barman obviously didn't connect she was me as he calmly tipped the Brewers Gold slops into her half from beneath the counter and pulled a fresh pint for me. Was that a blush I saw from the barman at this CAMRA rated pub as I passed my wife a sloppy half! Mm! I wonder if this is a common practice! Didn't bother to have a meal or show my CAMRA card to get a reduction on the slops! Off we went to the Geldart for a decent pint or three! George H

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“busy back street local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dropped in on a Saturday lunch time. Food was freshly prepared and we snacked on half a pint of pork scratchings before hand. Busy place with a wide selection of both draught and bottled beers. Worth the walk from Mill Road

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere