“Fantastic night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 512 Restaurants in Cambridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for dinners , Wednesdays - Saturdays from 6.30Pm. Small independent Restaurant , tucked away on East Road , in a courtyard , Dining on the first floor. Sourcing daily , the best quality Meat, Fish , Vegetables and products. 5-7 Housemade breads daily changing. Minimum three courses menu . Traditional , handcrafted style , from Masterchef ( Kuchen meister ) Hans Schweitzer and his brigade. Desserts a speciality , Signature dish - 'The Chocolate Piano ' designed and created by Luciano Pavarotti .
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just had a fantastic dinner experience. From starters to dessert, all top-notch. Service really genuine.

• Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Still at the top of my list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

After having discovered Cotto last year, we just had to go back again. The moment we walked through the door we were instantly recognized by the staff, by name, as well. I don't even remember when my girlfriend's name was mentioned, but that kind of personalized service is hard to find anywhere.

True to form, the food was delicious. Their soups are always incredible and the meats (guinea fowl and lamb) were superb as well.

We always try to go during the week as we like the typically more quiet atmosphere, and most certainly book in advance!

• Visited October 2013
Ely, England
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

It's rare that I rank a restaurant outstanding on all fronts. It's not cheap: but the wine selection was superb, the staff knowledgeable and the food a work of art. The portions are also a good size. It was full when I went so book ahead. You are also obliged to take the three course meal so best for special occasions.

• Visited October 2013
Marina del Rey
“We Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were lucky to get a same day, Saturday night reservation & had a lovely dinner. The food was excellent and so was the wine. We particularly enjoyed the greengage tart. Even though the place was full, the service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ely, United Kingdom
“Trying to book but they never return my call.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've tried to make a reservation here on a number of occasions over the past year. As their voice mail says, I've left them messages advising that I'd like to make a reservation leaving my name, number and date I'd like to book. I've left 3 messages and not one of them has been returned. If you suffer the same experience I can highly recommend Alimentum or The Oak Bistro, two stand out Cambridge restaurants who understand great customer service and offer delicious food.

Visited September 2013