“'Simply the Best'.....better than all the rest” 5 of 5 stars

Leverton House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   732 Newmarket Road, Cambridge CB5 8RS, England   |
Ranked #9 of 117 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Bedfordshire, Luton
“'Simply the Best'.....better than all the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I can't praise or recommend Leverton House, Bed and Breakfast highly enough. I have stayed there overnight, weekly over the last two years, whilst working at Cambridge Airport. Being Partially Sighted I needed to stay somewhere where I would feel safe and comfortable. Well, I certainly received much more than that. It is such a friendly welcoming place. Mrs Wendy Ison the Proprietor couldn't have been more kind, caring and considerate to my needs. The rooms are immaulate, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated to a high standard. The beds being so comfortable. Everything you need is catered for, with tea/coffee making facilities and wall mounted television. I was able to have breakfast in my own room because of my sight issues, which helped me a great deal. There is also a varied Breakfast menu to choose from. Through redundancy I now miss everything about Leverton House. One thing for certain though, is that if ever I need to stay in Cambridge in the future there is only one place It will be - Leverton House of course. I will miss Wendy and her friendly welcome each week so very much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Leverton House was a good experience for us. We had a twin room on the ground floor -- such a joy not having to carry heavy bags upstairs! The room was bright, airy and spacious. The ensuite bathroom was clean and modern. Our host was friendly and accommodating. We were asked to pay cash for the room, so make sure you have enough with you on arrival. We were provided with a folder of information about Cambridge and the local sites/eateries. The breakfast was very pleasant. There is free parking. Leverton House is not far from a park 'n' ride which will take you by bus into the city centre. There is a post box right outside the front door. A good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010 via mobile

This b and b shouldn't be fourth best, it should be first. Lovely clean newly decorated rooms run by a considerate attentive owner in Wendy. Breakfast is superb, made to order with great choice. Wendy bent over backwards to make our stay the best it could be, stay here in Cambridge.

• Stayed October 2010
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed in Cambridge for a night with some friends. We had a perfect stay and felt very welcome. Rooms were clean and pretty and breakfast was delicious! I would definitely recommend anyone stay here

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I was recommended Leverton House by another top B&B in Cambridge. It was a perfect match for me and my needs. I had made the contact whilst abroad to register my enquiry about availability. Wendy Ison, proprietor, was absolutely delightful and organised in responding to my request. I confirmed my details and booking by email and I received a response from Wendy immediately.

Leverton House is a splendid place to stay. Although my room was at the front of the house facing the main road, I was able to have a brilliant peaceful night without any disturbance. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and everything was clean. I had a comfortable bed and a well placed TV if I wished to make use of it. The ensuite bathroom and shower were again spotless and well designed, with all the necessary toileteries that a visitor might need and plenty of hot water for a relaxing shower.

Wendy Ison is a wonderfully receptive and attentive hostess. She is availabe to help with any enquries you might have and will do her best to accomodate your needs. Help over the phone if you get off at the wrong junction and find yourself in the centre of Cambridge, a welcoming smile and a cup of tea upon arrival, a gentle conversation and a friendly openness which immediately makes you feel at home.

I always like to enjoy breakfast time when I am away and staying in a B&B or a hotel. I was not to be disappointed. Wendy checked what I would like to have in advance and provided me with a sumptuous selection of fresh fruits (strawberries, kiwi fruit, apples, bananas, nectarines) plus cereals, toast, jam, marmalade, fruit juice, fresh milk, tea, coffee and a freshly cooked breakfast - I was in breakfast heaven!! All beautifully prepared and timed to fit in with your pace at the table and any conversation you might be having when you connect with another guest. All lovely and a joy to behold.

At Leverton House you will find all you need beautifully coordinated by Wendy Ison.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Kronach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed only on night, but were very positive surprised by the good service, very clean and modern room and bath room. The breakfast was excelent and Mrs. Wendy Ison did everything to please her customers. The Lodge is easy to reach with car parking in front of house, but it is very quiet during night time. We can recomend this nice hotel very much.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

This B&B was a great place to stumble upon after realising that we had yet to book a room for a wedding and all the recommended holiday inns and travel lodges were all booked up. Leverton is cheaper and far more pleasant that the aforementioned places and Wendy couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome, even being fully accommodating about our early arrival. Room was very clean, quiet and breakfast was excellent. Guests are all very nice as well. Couldn't recommended it more highly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Leverton House? Share your experiences!