“A pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Cambridge
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although the exterior looks a little dull, inside the hotel has been refurbished and the reception area is large and airy. Staff were easily accessible if and when needed and seemed helpful. The room itself was big enough for my needs and despite being in a leisure complex, I did not hear any noise at night.I had a good sleep, bed was comfortable and shower fine. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we have just returned from Travelodge Cambridge Central and can't fault the place..newly refurbished rooms and the beds are excellent. It was a stones throw away from the music venue that we were attending. All round good service and accommodation ,highly recommended .

Room Tip: Our room overlooked A busy main road but wasn't disturbed at all by this.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Burbage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay at Travelodge Cambridge Central was very enjoyable. The hotel is located just a ten minute walk from the centre of the city and a five minute walk to the train station. Surrounding the hotel are many restaurants and supermarket express shops. All the staff especially Pedro, Dan, Daniel, Dilaila and Angela were fantastic and a great laugh. Would stay here again, cheap price, top hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I booked to stay here after his work Christmas do. We thought it would be ok to go straight to the hotel after the party as we had paid in full for the night and they have 24 hr reception. Huge mistake!! We received a telephone call (asking if we were still coming )that we missed due to the noise and arrived 13 minutes after the call. When I tried to check in we found out we had been out booked. We were told we would go to their sister hotel on newmarket road and it was not their fault and there was nothing they could do about it but we would get compensation and a taxi there and back. We chose to stay at this hotel for convenience and so that I could leave my car at the venue and drink and then we could walk back in the morning. We then had to wait for a taxi to take us to the other hotel. When we arrived (with another guy who had the same problem) and checked in the guy on reception agreed that it was the other branches fault and as compensation we were offered pizza at midnight or breakfast. Neither suited us. We then asked for the taxi to be booked to take us back to where my car was at their expense in the morningwhich they agreed to. I was assured this would happen. 8:10 the next morning was my taxi there? No. They hadn't booked it. This resulted in my being late for a meeting. Did they take any responsibility that morning? No. Our room in newmarket road faced a minor road on the ground floor directly above the car park. When it rained you could hear every rain drop bouncing off the cars. I don't know what else was going on but it wasn't quiet. There is no air conditioning, which means you have a choice 1) the room is too hot or 2) it's too noisy. It would of quieter facing the main road. I used to use the hotel for convenience despite living in cambridge. Will I again? No. Next time I'll book a taxi home and ask someone to take me to my car the following morning. Don't bother with this hotel if you are going to be late, even if you've paid in full.

• Stayed December 2014
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cambridge Central, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review, Diane. We are sorry to learn you had to be relocated and we understand the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We would like to investigate this further. Please visit our website and use the contact us form to provide your contact and booking details.
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A great hotel situated in Cambridge built alongside a number of well known restaurants. Such as Nandos, frankie and Benny's , chiquitta. To name 3 there is also a cine world tesco, sainsbury. Cash points and a multi storey car park the hotel is clean the rooms are well kept. Good comfortable beds and pillows. Room windows well sealed for noise levels. All in all value for money. For a night over in Cambridge only 1 negative. Checked in an hour earlier and was told it would cost me 10 quid. Which I did not pay as it is excessive when the room was ready anyway. Waited till the 3pm check in.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are spotlessly clean .. no dust, dirt, hair anywhere. Beds are comfortable and they are in the new Travelodge UK design which is quite lovely. Location is near a bunch of places to eat and a short bus ride into town. The bus is a 2min walk away ... Staff are really friendly and bubbly. Wifi is fast.

Why the 3* then?

1. At 10:30pm, someone tried to enter my room as the front desk assigned them to it. Thankfully I had the deadbolt on but what if I didn't or what if I was exploring? It was a guest but the front desk should be more careful. Then 10mins later the front desk came to knock on my door and find out who I was .. woken up twice.

2. The shower head was broken and with no phones in the room could not call to get it fixed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here a few times, only 5mins walk from the train station. staff friendly. Choice of restaurants on your doorstep n only 20 mins walk into the centre. Cambridge itself is beautiful. Would recommend this hotel

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Cambridge Central? Share your experiences!