“Great Host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed and Breakfast at Fifty-One

Bed and Breakfast  at Fifty-One
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Bed and Breakfast at Fifty-One
You added Bed and Breakfast at Fifty-One to your Saves list
51 St Andrews Road, Cambridge CB41DH, England   |
Ranked #49 of 118 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great Host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had one night in Cambridge to dine out with friends. Arrived about 11.15 and managed to get booked in straight away. Anna was very welcoming & gave us instructions for walking into Cambridge & which pubs to stop at for lunch.The rooms are spacious & clean. Early evening we took advantage of the garden & after helping ourselves to glasses, enjoyed a glass of bubbly & met the cats. I must say this was the only time that we saw them. Anna also sell tickets for the Punts, which we didn't take advantage off, but after asking along the river her prices seemed quite reasonable. I would like to say that if we ever stayed in Cambridge again I wouldn't have any problems staying here. As we only live about an hour away if we were in Cambridge shopping, we would properly call round just to say hello to Anna.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Uppsala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent one night at Fifty-One and had a good nihgts sleep in nice, clean rooms. Anna took good care of us and cooked a full English breakfast for us in her kitchen. There is about 15-20 minutes to walk into the city. Normally it should have been quite a pleasant walk but due to very strong winds we felt very frozen once we reached the pub where we had dinner. The cats joining us for breakfast were not appreciated by our friend who is allergic to cats

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I spent several days here recently and thought it quite a good B&B. The rooms were spacious, well decorated, and clean. The breakfast was a solid English breakfast, with a number of additional options also provided. The owner was business-like, competent, and cordial. I was initially discouraged that the B&B was a 25 minute walk from central Cambridge, but it turned out to be a breathtakingly beautiful walk along the River Cam. I came to look forward to the walk each night. If you enjoy a brisk 25-30 minute walk, this is a great place. But if you want to be steps away from the main streets of Cambridge it is probably not the place for you. My only other complaint is that there are cats on the premises. I am slightly allergic to cats and probably would not have booked if I knew there were cats. I did not see them the first day when I arrived, but the next morning I woke up with a tell-tale itch that I only get when there are cats around and, sure enough, there were two cats at breakfast. Overall, though, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Difficult for me to be both polite and give a constructive account of our stay here as we didn't get to stay! We reserved our room and it was confirmed two months before our proposed stay, however a mix-up from the owner resulted in us standing on her doorstep looking for other accomodation 6pm on a Saturday. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

my stay at Fifty One was excellent. The B&B is incredibly clean, cosy and very nicely furnished. The room I stayed at (Africa room) was beautifully furnished and immaculate, the bed really comfortable, the shower super warm and powerful. The room comes with a hair-dryer and a kettle, a TV and a nice big window. Breakfast was really big and tasty. Anna (the owner) was very welcoming and helpful in advising us on how to make the most of our stay in Cambridge.
If you are going to Cambridge I definitely recommend you stay at B&B Fifty One!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Andrews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have nothing but praise for this B and B. the hostess, Anna is very warm and welcoming. The house is clean, spacious and decorated with taste and love. I would recommend B and B fifty one to anyone and would be shocked if you didn't have a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at B&Bat51 in late October. It is run by Anna, who made us feel welcome from the start. The Willow Room on the top floor was very clean and modern with a balcony which would be ideal for use in summer.
Anna was very helpful providing local information and gave us a print-out containing walking routes into the city. A pleasant walk across Midsummer Common by the river took about 20 minutes. We walked to the theatre and walked back late at night without incident.
We enjoyed a cooked breakfast before walking into Cambridge next morning. We would recommend B&Bat51 to anyone and have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: The Willow Room has a useful balcony and a modern en-suite