“Excellent and child friendly Indian Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 510 Restaurants in Cambridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quintessential 19th Century appearance in a beautiful rural setting restaurant. Freshly prepared authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. South West Cambridgeshires favourite Indian restaurant. Ample car park available. Open every day evening 5.30pm to 11pm. Take out and home delivery service available and are very popular. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment! Please check our website for up-to-date information
London
“Excellent and child friendly Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Hoops provided a very pleasant birthday celebration for the entire family. Our party of 9 visited on a Sunday afternoon and included a number of children with special dietary requirements. Service was smooth and courteous. The food was excellent and the waiters were even kind enough to switch on the party lights to keep the children occupied. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A little gem very close to Cambridgeshire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Indian cuisine is definetely one of my favourites so I have decided to introduce it to some friends who were not very attracted to it, but had never tried it before. After a short search on tripadvisor The hoops Tandoori came up 2nd over in Cambridge so we decided to give it a go. The location is quite remote so most likely you will need a car. It should take about 15 minutes from central Cambridge. The restaurant is hosted in an 19th Century character house with large table in a countryside settings. The service in the restaurant is exceptional. The staff is very dedicated, prompt and extremely polite. Delivery was super fast and they have engaged very well with their clientele. I found the dishes to be very authentic, freshly prepared, home-style curry made with herbs and spices from around the world. The menu reflects the unique, cosmopolitan character and draws upon Bangladesh and India's exotic and varied cuisine. Unlike other Indian restaurants you do not get the usual oily grease curry and rice that was cooked for the past 2 days. Good selection of larger beers and large parking. Great sunday evening for me and my friends we will definetely coming back. Average cost per person for 1 dish + rice + naan + pint about 25 GBP.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Indian in South Cambs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ate here for my birthday and it was a wonderful meal, excellent service and great atmosphere. I felt really special. Thank you guys!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A very good Indian: try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have been to this restaurant about a dozen times over the last year as I am local and I have always found it to be very good. The food is excellent (definitely the best Indian restaurant in Cambridge and Royston) and freshly prepared to order which means you have to wait about 20 minutes or so from ordering for main courses and take away. However, I would say that is a strength of the place as it shows the food is genuinely freshly made, and your meal is unhurried, unlike other Indian restaurants I have been to. I always have mild curries and they are very tasty, whereas my husband favours hot curry and he always says his are excellent. The place is different to a normal curry house as they have some unusual dishes alongside the standard fare, plus the calamari on the specials list is fabulous!

Saturday nights can get very busy but the restaurant have now employed extra staff to help at the weekends so that has made service better at peak times. The rest of the time the place is relatively quiet so you get plenty of individual waiter attention which is nice, plus they always give free drinks at the end of the night which is a nice touch.

Everyone in the nearby villages talks about how good the Hoops is, so I would say if you haven't been before, try it! Good food, attentive staff and well above average curry.

• Visited October 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Someone who goes to the restauant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I used to be a regular visitor to the Hoops and moved away for some months. The food was excellent so I looked forward to a chance to go back when I was back in the area on Saturday. The place is still brilliant. Food is the best in the area and the staff are friendly and helpful. It can be busy, that is a good sign in my opinion. I think the best adverisment is how many regulars are stiil there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lahin a, Manager at The Hoops Tandoori at Great Eversden, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We would like to say it was a pleasure for us to welcome you back Andrew , we hope that you enjoyed your trips abroad. Thank you very much for taking time out and visiting our restaurant ,we are always on hand to make sure all of our customers are treated to the highest standard. Once again thank you and we hope to see you soon again.