“Room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 118 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This centrally located guest house is undergoing improvements and whilst there are obvious defects here and there the rooms are comfortable and functional. The owner was very charming and helpful and the manager pleasant and tried to provide every help he could. The continental breakfast was adequate and service was excellent. I hope they manage the continued improvements and for the money it just about ticks the boxes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really enjoyed Cambridge and the guest house, i was very worried after reading some reviews, but after going, I was very happy and any time I go to Cambridge I will make sure to book here when I go back in October. I had a few problems with my train and rang and spoke to Yousef the manager there and he was really really helpful. After meeting him and telling him my concerns about the reviews he told me recently they have been working on everything as he is only a new manager and things will keep getting better and better. One note to anyone who is worried like me.... don't be.

Room Tip: Go for an en-suite, not that much more expensive and better to have your own space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The staff were very welcoming on arrival. good location. really enjoyed my stay here. room was very good and comfortable, will definitely book again - shame I couldn't stay longer.

would definitely recommend if your visiting Cambridge close to everything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a cozy hotel (BB) and suited our needs! The owner and her staff have met us with warmth and respect! The rooms and services suited us in every way. I suggest Regency Guest House to others with my warmest regards :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great location and close to everything you want to see in Cambridge! Wonderful and very helpful staff. Overall the suite was quite comfortable and what a great value! Would recommend for travelers looking for a great central location.

Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This little guest house is located in a great part of Cambridge. The neighborhood is cute and it's right across the street from a beautiful green park. The staff was very kind and helpful and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable! The rooms are cozy and warm and decorated simply but cute. Overall, It's a very down to earth place with a friendly staff!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Can't believe what I'm reading with regards to the previous reviews! Ultimately, it depends what you want from your stay. If you want to stay somewhere local, clean, comfortable and very reasonably priced, this is a fantastic place.

Myself and a girlfriend decided to have a spontaneous evening out in Cambridge. Being familiar with Cambridge, location is everything and you're literally on Regent Street. It's ideal.

I spoke to the new manager who was very helpful and my booking confirmation, with all the information I needed, was emailed as I was still on the phone. I was delayed by about two hours but my friend was allowed to check in and relax which was great.

Having a code for the door, no 24 hour reception and a shared bathroom had me worrying in advance but absolutely none of it was a problem. The main door felt more secure as not just anyone can walk in. I didn't need any help, reception or extra service so it didn't bother me in the slightest, I was simply left to it. The shared bathroom was large and clean. There wasn't a single soul anywhere near the bathroom in the evening or the morning so no complaints there. It was also four steps away from my room.

I didn't notice any bad electrics (in fact, only saw stickers on the plugs to show they were safe). Everything was clean. Bed was very comfy. View over Parker's Piece was lovely and leafy. It was perfect. Lots of lovely soft, clean towels on arrival and a there wash basin in my room. Didn't have time to stay for breakfast but it smelt lovely!

Both my friend and I shall definitely be returning.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Regency Guest House? Share your experiences!