“Very disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cambridge

You added Holiday Inn Cambridge to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cambridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lakeview Bridge Road | Impington, Cambridge CB24 9PH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Cambridge
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Poor management over this Christmas period has led to most unsatisfactory service. Some of my family were booked in to the hotel and we (living locally) have membership of the Health Club. Website details given were that the healthclub was open until 4pm and on checking by phone we were told that last entry was 3pm. On turning up at 3.04pm as a family including 2 young children we were turned away from the Health club. We were spoken to most impolitely at the Health Club who changed his version of events throughout the conversation and when then speaking to the Hotel Duty Manager we were informed that the hotel has no juristication over the Health Club. There was a catalogue of 'that shouldn't happen' 'we can take a note of that for next time' 'we can't do much about this' from both the Duty Manager and the health club assistant. But no effort to allow entry. I am left unsure as to who actually is responsible for this poor service - the hotel or health club.
Customer service was very poor and led to great disappointment and upset. Most unacceptable for an international hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I apologise in my delay of response. but I believe the Leisure Club Manager has personally spoken to you regarding this issue and all has been rectified to your satisfaction.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for a company Christmas party. The hotel is easy to find. Plenty of parking space. Check in was trouble-free although the young lady could've been a bit more smiley & look like she was pleased to see us. Plus point - she did advise us there were Christmas parties on at the hotel that evening. It might've been important for a "normal" guest to know.
I'd booked an Executive room and the reservation clearly stated two people staying yet there was only one bathrobe, one packet of biscuits, one lot of toiletries etc etc. A negative.
Other than that the stay was very comfortable. Room was a decent size and quiet. The blinds do a good job of blacking out the daylight too.
I can't comment on the leisure facilities but they looked good. Small pool and gym.
I also can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't make it in time for breakfast service. Yes, the party was that good!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I have taken your comments on board and will be discussing them with my team. I apologise for only 1 set of towels etc. in your room this is not our normal standard. I am pleased you liked the size, comfort and blackout facilities within the bedroom, and pleased also that you enjoyed the Party night.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.
Llandovery
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed here on several occasions whilst visiting family and friends and on each occasion, our stay has been fuss free, straightforward and uncomplicated. Buffet style breakfast is great, especially with the welcome of the friendly 'behind counter' staff and the courtesy of the waiting staff. We have also dined in the restaurant to save driving and found the meals well prepared, delicious and well presented. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. As a disabled person, the facilities are good and although we have not visited for a while due to illness, next time I visit Cambridge, this is where we will stay! 'Deals' are often available and are good value.

Room Tip: If visiting at Christmas, ask for a room well away from festivities as we, as pensioners, prefer to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and taking the time to post one. I appreciate your positive comments towards the fuss free service and standards that we offer. We do have a variety of rates available, in advance, prepaid or flexible and other offers at different times of the year, so do look out for these.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future

St Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had one night here in a very comfortable room and property. It suited me as I drove from the south to eastern England for a meeting. The lobby is well lighted, quick check in by a friendly girl and just prior to a large group. The property is generally newish, clean, enough public space to not feel crowded, though it is not a large lobby.
Dinner was quite good, quick and efficient service. Breakfast was similar and very good offerings, (overly warm temps in breakfast room). The bar area is also spacious and suited for meetings. The gym was nice and large; did not use the pool which looked good and also well lighted. Bed and duvet were perfect and 4 pillows on bed is great, tho most were pretty firm.
Hotel is everything I expected and with good staff/ attitude. The minor issues are that there is no elevator/lift so after a long drive, 3 weeks of travel with 50 lb suitcase + heavy briefcase, I just did not expect that and preferred not to carry it up one floor. This was quickly solved by a staff member who took it to the room while I parked my car far away.

Room Tip: Be aware of no lift/ elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your short stay, and all the areas you visited or used within the hotel were good. It is pleasing to know that our staff deliver the service standards that our Guest love.
I hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn on a return visit to Cambridge, and I look forward to welcoming you.
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Cambridge is a beautiful place to visit. The Holiday Inn is a great place to stay, outside Cambridge but only a few minutes by car. The room I had was spacious, well- appointed and clean with a settee by the window. Breakfast was self-service style with plenty of choice . The hotel has a pool and gym although I didn't make use of them on this occasion, but they are also big plus points. Would definitely recommend, and would stay here again on another visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your time to write a reveiw on our hotel, and such a positive one, I am very pleased you liked your spacious room and our large selection at Breakfast.
I look forward to your return visit to Holiday Inn Cambridge in the future.

Kind regards
northamptonshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Only One problem with staying in December, This Hotel holds external group xmas parties,on Saturday nights,so the whole ground floor area reception,foyer,bar is compleated packed we had to push through the party people to get to the corridor to our room.You can not use the Bar ect, And you will not sleep untill after midnight due to the very loud disco music, Thump Thump in your room.We did not see any information on xmas parties any were,when we arrived we were told of the party thats to late! and we were not! put in a room far from the very Loud Disco.

Room Tip: sleep in your car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I am very sorry that your stay was disrupted by the Christmas Parties that we have during December. We do try and inform every guest that we have party nightst via email, telephone and we do publish this information on our website. If you would like to discuss this further please do call our General Manager Mr Wayne Morris
regards
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were upgraded due to a Christmas party taking place the evening, the rooms were the furthest away from the festivities. We were informed of this as we checked in and told that there was no restaurant facilities, but a bar menu was available. I had already read this on the hotel website so we had made other plans. The room was great for the 3 of us and we heard nothing from the party. The breakfast was nice and we loved going for a swim/steam/jacuzzi to finish off our stay. Not right on top of Cambridge, £10 taxi ride into the centre.

Staff polite and helpful, a really enjoyable stay. Although one of the bedside lamps was not working, think that they should check this kind of thing especially in an excutive suite, but really just a minor niggle. Daughter loved the pool which was why we chose the hotel rather than one nearer the centre, the paddock with ponies in the next field was a big hit too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cambridge, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in such a positive manner, this has been shared amongst the Hotel staff and we are proud to be offering a Great hotel that Guests love.
I share your niggle regarding the bedside lamp this is a shortfall in standards and I apologise.
I do hope that you return to the Holiday Inn Cambridge sometime in the future
kind regards

Been to Holiday Inn Cambridge? Share your experiences!