“Great Late Lunch - Lovely Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus stops are located around 50 metres from our front door. The Cambridge train station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the restaurant.
Description: An award-winning restaurant in Cambridge with a stunning Michelin star, Alimentum offers modern European cuisine from celebrated chef Mark Poynton. Using slow-cooking techniques to accentuate flavour and texture, the menu brings together innovative, intricately-crafted dishes, as well as supreme tasting menus. The Alimentum sommelier presents a vibrant and modern wine list, and delectable cocktails are made using homemade fruit purees, and one of Cambridge's finest spirit selections.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great Late Lunch - Lovely Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I went to Alimentum for a impromptu lunch with my wife. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The food really was superb, my wife favoured the Plaice/Langostine starter and I really enjoyed the Beef main. For me this is what has gained this venue a Michelin star. My only real issues were that the front of house staff did not engage with us in the way I would have expected (limited description of food) and the staff kept changing, which meant the consistency was not their throughout the meal. I would say that the food really is the star here; do go and enjoy what really is some well executed food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was our first visit to Alimentum since they have been awarded a Michelin Star. The staff are excellent; knowledgeable about all aspects of the food and wine and very warm and friendly putting you totally at ease. We had a taste of Alimentum accompanied by a flight of wines. The food really was exquisite and the wines paired with each course were absolutely fantastic. Thoroughly recommend for a special occasion. We will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hasting
“Lovely food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was my first visit to a Michelin star restaurant. The food was lovely, in particular my dessert was fantastic, however I just felt something was lacking. When the amuse bouche arrived with almonds on it I informed the waiter that my husband is allergic to nuts. He whisked my husband's portion away. I expected him to return with something else to replace it, but it didn't happen. The wine was served in a carafe - presumably decanted from a bottle just so they could hike up the prices drastically. Also I found the atmosphere was a little flat in the restaurant. I don't think I would return here again, but would try Michelin star food again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Basildon, United Kingdom
“top class food in a top class setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The service, food and attention to detail is superb. We were impressed with the knowledge, professionalism and friendliness of the staff. Not cheap but great for a special occasion.

Visited August 2014
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Sunday night supper club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a great evening giving diners a chance to sample a range of dishes as well as meeting the chef. The highlight of this week's selection was Guinea Fowl and Celeriac Puree, but the menu will change every month

Essentially the first Sunday of each month this Michelin star restaurant offers a set menu of five dishes to the diner, and you score each out if ten. The best scoring dishes then make the menu for the following month. The evening is far more of an experience than just a meal.

Mark the chef is a friendly chap who floats around the tables exuding charm and wit. This wonderful opportunity is highly recommended to foodies.