It's a relatively expensive hotel but good quality. The room size is generous - the standard international size rather than the smaller rooms common in Britain/Europe. To my eye, the hotel looks tacky and dated from the outside but the interior is much better. Breakfast food and service was very good, and the dining room provides a great view of people punting/cycling/walking along the river.
They offer paid in-room internet. I always find it irritating to find an expensive hotel charging (for a fairly poor service at a very poor rate) for internet access when so many other places offer it for free. I think the rate they charge is well out-of-step with current domestic/commercial rates and the speed and download limits do not compare at all well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge is a four star hotel surrounded by the River Cam, minutes from the city centre. The 122 refurbished en-suite bedrooms feature a plasma flat screen television, air-conditioning, mini fridge, iron & ironing board and laptop safe. Upgraded executive bedrooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite are also available. Four air conditioned function rooms are ideal for large or small events and the refurbished Riverside Brasserie is perfect for fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Hilton International Cambridge
- Cambridge Hilton International
- Doubletree Cambridge
- Hilton Cambridge