If you're looking for a great place for a drink in Cambridge with views over the town and colleges - this is it. If I was staying in Cambridge I would probably still go for Hotel du Vin which has equally good if not better service in the bar (the rooms are very pricey here and the views from those are not as good as the rooftop bar...though we only had a drink on this occasion)..
It's £10+ for a glass of prosecco but the BBQ is fairly priced.
You're paying for the five star view which is pretty unique in Cambridge and I would say it's well worth a visit for the experience on a sunny day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. The remaining Colleges are only a leisurely walk away and can be viewed from the hotel. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge