“Manager is horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trinitas Villa

Trinitas Villa
You added Trinitas Villa to your Saves list
Trinitas Villa
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   439 Newmarket Rd, Cambridge CB5 8JJ, England   |
Ranked #94 of 118 Cambridge B&B and Inns
“Manager is horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

Horrible b&b, if you can call it that, and even worse service. The manager is a rude horrible man. Rooms are poor and he doesn't even want you there..its like you're a burden on him to be there. Signs and notices everywhere and god help you if this guy has your phone number as he will not hesitate to text and call you to express his disastifaction in the way you treat his room, like taking your shoes off before entering and then calling you a lier when you explain you did

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Absolutley disgusting treatment of guests...never been spoken to like the manager speaks to paying guests..just booked out after a full blown argument with the manager. The rooms are small and cold tv doesnt work..worst experience of my life

• Stayed October 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

It is a little weird to stay in a guest house and never meet the owner, however they have made every effort to compensate for that with detailed instruction sheets when you arrive. I was sent the front door pin in advance and upon arrival there was a room key and instruction sheet awaiting me. Everything from there was fair self explanatory. The room was clean and despite not seeing staff while I stayed there, it was cleaned every day. A number of reviews complain about the location, but it is evident prior to booking that you are a walk from the town centre (I suggest going down the riverside to do this).
The only negative I had with Trinitas was the bathroom. If I sat on the toilet I had to rest my feet in the shower and the shower itself was barely able to contain my frame as a 6ft tall broad shouldered guy. It was quite an effort to bend down and get soap/shampoo. That said the shower was warm and powerful. The double bedroom was an excellent size and if the bedroom area had been reduced and the bathroom area increased it would have been a really decent room.
If you want a personal service, touchy feely guest house then Trinitas is not for you, but if you want a reasonably priced guest house, which is clean and efficient then it is reasonable for the price you pay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Penarth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

For all you B&Q Spotter's - this is The Ritz. For everyone else, including me, this is one to avoid.

I stayed here on business and was looking for comfortable accommodation reasonably close to the City Centre.

In fairness, the check in and check out procedure is simple and efficient. The room and bathroom is clean and the bed reasonably comfortable.

However, Trinitas is located on a very busy road. No respite from engine noise and boy racers.

Not only that, but the floors are laminated. So, when a fellow guest (in the room above) arrived 'home' at 1am, decided to clomp clomp clomp on the floor and then went to the loo and take a shower, I heard the whole series of events in great detail. Elements of this series of events were particularly unpleasant ;-(

One other thing, the room shown in the photograph is very pleasant - and not in any way like the one I found myself in. Old fashioned, impractical, cobbled-together furniture.

Needless to say I won't be staying here again.

If you're looking for budget accommodation then try the Travelodge 100m towards the city.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor to avoid noisy neighbours!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night... When we got to cambridge we got lost so wrong the number and when we was trying to explain where we was the manager was getting snappy and had a clever tone to his voice, finally found it, online it stated that it had parking, seriously hasn't the parking you could get 2 or 3 cars in the yard that was on the back it was ridiculous! Got into the rooms and I promise you it was like we was in a ice box, rang the manager and he started to moan at us again because we wanted the heating turning up! Tried to have a shower and the water was lilt warm so that was another downer, finally we give up ringing because we was late at going out at it was, got back to the room got into bed and the sheets wore damp and there wasn't even a quilt it was like a thin sheet.. So had to wear jackets and trousers in bed because it was still freezing!! Got up in morning got ready and we decided to ring the manager again as he was not at the b&b yet again as he wasn't the hole time we was there!!!!! We refused to pay the 90 pound per room as from experience it wasn't even worth 30 pounds. We said we wanted 20 pound off per room as we thought that was reasonable and he started saying that he wanted us to leave 70 per room in cash on the desk when he had already taken 180 off the bank card that was provided when booking (stated in email that the money wouldn't be taken from card we pay when we leave). So he wanted us to leave 140 in the rooms and he would refund the 180 "later", in my eyes he was trying to con us because we wouldn't of had a receipt to state we left the 140 as he wasn't there!!! So we said just refund the 40 pounds the bank account that you took the money from in the first place and we will leave it at that but no he turned round and said "that's not how I do things" so we argued with him saying if that's not how you deal with things then how was you going to refund the180 pound then? He then put the guilt trip on saying he had to take him son to the hospital, but I'm sorry what's that got to do with getting our money back? We still argued with him bout the 40 pound refund so we said we would bring the 140 back to the b&b and he would refund the 180 when we was there but then he black mailed us to get the police andsay we are threating him which we wasn't we just didn't understand why he couldn't just refund the 40 pound to the bank account so in the end we just left it! He was so rude and unreasonable I would NEVER advise anyone to go here with a barge pole!!!!! The bathroom and rooms wore disgusting dust and stains everywhere the worst b&b ever and wouldn't even dare charge 90 pound it's just wrong for what you get provided with no reception or anything!!!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am having to review this awful place on trip advisor because I couldn't find the same "hotel" on the sight I booked it on initially. Suspicious maybe? The review I gave wasn't the best. But this hotel, BnB, guest house, hostel or whatever it's supposed to be wasn't as bad as the phonecall I received from the owner/manager asking why I had given such a poor review. After 10 minutes arguing with him (at my phonebill cost) I had to hang up. This person is rude, not understanding and ill mannered. After trying to blame the damp smell on rain the night I stayed (Totally clear night btw) I asked should it matter wether or not it rains, it shouldnt smell, to which he replied "does it matter, your room didn't smell" After laughing quite hard once I gave up and ended the call on this character I realised just how wrong this person is playing the hotel/BnB game. Save your money and go else where. £70 was apparently the cheapest in Cambridge aswell. No breakfast. No staff, thankfully because meeting this guy would have been an ordeal. AVOID!

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It is not really a hotel and the price probably could have been lower, however I thought that for 'not-a-hotel' it was quite good. The place does not have any notice 'hotel' and looks like a usual building from the street, you are not going to meet anyone at the reception: they just message you the details of the arrangements for your stay including the method of payment. For us they were very helpful and honest: all arrangements were done by them well in advance and when we had some problems, all questions were immediately solved.
We had a big room, which was quite clean and had the majority of necessary things in it (minus fridge) - on the good note, they had a good fan.
The bad thing was shower: the shower cabin in our room had a high step with sharp edges made of metal, which is considerably higher than your body agrees to remember. You inevitably stumble at it: I ended up with a badly cut finger and my friend stumbled at that step next morning with the same result.
Other than that, I was pleased with the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Trinitas Villa? Share your experiences!