“Top draw burger in a lovely setting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 522 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill, with its cavernous loft-like vibe, quayside location and creative crowd, has become one of Cambridge's premier restaurants. Located close to the bustling town centre, in a riverside spot opposite Magdalene College, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill is a popular choice for special occasion dining and drinks. The Grill serves the very finest prime cuts of beef, aged for 28 days and sourced from local farms. The menu includes a large selection of cuts, from a classic porterhouse to a tender fillet or indulgent chateaubriand for two. Burgers meanwhile are freshly made on the premises and marinated chicken and fresh fish come straight from the signature grill too. Though based around the steak, The River Bar Steakhouse and Grill caters superbly for vegetarians, serves sublime desserts and prior to your meal we heartily recommend enjoying hand mixed cocktails in the bar, the ideal start to any special evening.
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Top draw burger in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

1st time at the River Bar but I had heard good things so we tried it for lunch as part of our day out in Cambridge. Lovely setting, friendly staff and the food was 1st class. We both had burgers and you could tell they were home made. Food being served to other diners looked great too. Would go back again and this time take a group of us...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Exceptionally Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Came here with my husband after reading great reviews on here, and we were not disappointed - the food was amazing, so much so we then spent the rest of the evening talking about it :)

Atmosphere was relaxed but almost had an 'exclusive' feel about it, and the service was fantastic from the moment we arrived.

My only criticism is that the tables did just feel a bit too close together - maybe that's just me being a bit anal about personal space as I haven't seen any other complaints on here!

Will definitely be returning!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Service, Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Myself and my other half visited last night for his birthday. The service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding! We will definitely be going back.

Barcelona
“Good combination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great dinner, the river view is not always available but place still good enough. American food overall. Could be expensive but with good selections would not, as it was. Service EXCELLENT! A must in Cambridge.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Classy, I liked everything about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Lovely location overlooking the river, great atmosphere, pleasent, helpful attentive staff.. We had to wait a long time for our main course so we were given a free glass of prosecco. Neither of us had a steak so I cant coment on that, i had salmon and my friend had the seabass.. i thought the salmon and the side dishes were delicious. And the desserts are to die for. We also had two cocktails each which we enjoyed.
It was my birthday, and when the waitress bought out my dessert the chef had piped 'Happy Birthday' on the plate, which I thought was really sweet, and made the experience that bit more special.
I couldnt go too often as my budget wouldnt allow it, I was treated to this by my very generous friend,but I loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere