“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 526 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Lalbagh Restaurant and Takeaway is a fully licensed restaurant and takeaway located in the beautiful village of Bourn, Cambridge. The restaurant has been fully re-decorated to provide the most finest and unique atmosphere of any Indian restaurant in Cambridge or United Kingdom.Lalbagh serves an extensive array of authentic meals, which are freshly prepared using only the best and finest ingredients. Our food can be consumed at our modern restaurant or in the comfort of your home via our Takeaway service. Furthermore, the restaurant bar has been stocked with high quality wines and drinks for your enjoyment.There is ample free car parking spaces behind the Restaurant and we are open 7 days a week from 12 noon to 2.00 pm & 5.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting friends in Cambridge and they brought me to Lalbagh. Everything was superb and believe me I can be hard to please.
The place itself is beautifully and tastefully done. Crisp white tablecloths and napkins, beautifully laid tables with the most gorgeous subdued lighting on each table. Lovely menu, great service and the food itself was simply superb. The staff were very friendly but not overwhelming.
I give Lalbagh 6******
In two words .....simply magnificent.....I know I'm going on and on, but you have to give credit where it's due.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“First class all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, sumptuous ambience and charming service. What more to say? For me the leading Indian restaurant in Cambridge, and one of the best for any type of food.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very average, there are much better Indian restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a very average meal here and have had much better elsewhere. My fish kebabs were coated in nasty orange breadcrumbs, the same runny mint sauce was served up with the poppadums and both of our starters. We were given cans of coke on the table and the main courses were just about okay and neither of us finished them. Overall it was really disappointing given the rave reviews on here and there are plenty of better restaurants than this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oundle
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to the Lalbagh for my 13th birthday. It was the first time we had been and we were made very welcome. Food was excellent I especially recommend the lamb cutlets which were so tender and flavoursome. They brought me a surprise dessert on the house for my birthday.
We will be going back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Essex
“Dined as a couple - one person loved one didn't!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were glad we had made a reservation as the restaurant was packed on a Friday night at 8pm. Service was very attentive, quick but not intrusive. We ordered chicken passanda and balti chicken with mushroom and coconut rice and a peshwari naan. I loved the passanda, the chicken was chargrilled and the sauce creamy and flavoursome (great for dipping a naan). However my friend didn't enjoy the balti as much. I think the chicken had been cooked in the sauce, so it was very soft and jelly like (like when you make a casserole). I thought it tasted fine, but I think it comes down to personal preference. If you're fussy about your chicken it might be worth asking how it is cooked when you order.
We had no other complaints, and thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience.

• Visited February 2013