“It was very nice food and the tea was absolutely nice” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #250 of 526 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“It was very nice food and the tea was absolutely nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I haven bee 3 times reviewed it, because, always when I visit Cambridge, I go there. Small, family restaurant with very friendly staff. Meals are very tasty, we always order meals for sharing. Always top quality. Zarashk polo and irannian icegram

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Expecting more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'd never been to a persian restaurant before. We were running a bit late for lunch so the restaurant was deserted. The portions were very small. My daughter had a dish which had lentils and chicken in it but there was very little chicken. I had a meal with pomegranate and it was very sweet. I don't think persian cuisine is for me. The waitress was a bit pushy. She persuaded us to have the persian tea and I asked for a cup and I feel she deliberately misunderstood me and brought a teapot. English didn't seem to be her strong point so I let it pass. Then we had baklava. When I saw the plate I thought she had misunderstood again and brought us only one between us but no we were charged for 2 so I think it was just a VERY small portion. Expensive for what we had. Very disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Raw Chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I ate with a colleague. Our starters hummus and calamari were both good as was my kleftico.

Unfortunately my colleague's beautifully presented and sizeable portion (half) of chicken, was not cooked through. Cutting into the leg resulted in what white meat there was being soaked in blood. We were pressed for time so did not send it back, rather he ate the outer pieces of the breast.

The waitress was very pleasent through our visit and did not know what to do we pointed out the chicken was raw. The chicken was left on the table, not taken to chef while the bill was prepared.

Nice surrounds, good presentation and nice staff do not compensate for food that is raw so overall a POOR experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We looked up a persian restaurant in cambrdige and were looking forward to a great meal. However, if you know Persian food you might be surprised by what you get, I ordered shishlik as recommended by the manager and I received Chenge!

The portions are small and over priced and the presentation is mediocre. The service is below expectation from a decend restaurant. The staff can be less than polite and I highly recommend a catering training course to them.

Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“To Dine or Not too Dine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We moved to Cambridge few years ago and were eager to find a good Iranian/Persian restaurant that we could visit regularly. We came across Shiraz restaurant in Cambridge and gave it a try. We were two adults and two children and we found the food unpleasant the service appalling and not much of an atmosphere. Based on our excellent experience from Shiraz restaurant in Milton Keynes we thought this might be part of a chain restaurant , and how wrong were we. The food might be OK for some who do not know the taste of Iranian dish. If you want to know if the food is good or not you have to ask Iranians and I am yet to meet one living in the community to say that they liked the food there or made more than one visit to the restaurant. Better eat elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012