“Tour Driver - Diamond Holidays” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uplands House

and 1 more site!
You added Uplands House to your Saves list
Uplands House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Four Ashes Road, Cryers Hill, High Wycombe HP15 6LB, England (Formerly De Vere Uplands)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in High Wycombe
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Tour Driver - Diamond Holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a secluded area of High wycombe,ideal for an overnight stay,On arrival as you pass through the main gates you get the appearance of entering a manor house.The grounds are very well maintained.This is a very quiet area.There is excess parking available for coach drivers.I have always found the staff very friendly and polite.i hope to return soon

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
reading
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I stayed here a few times and I don’t really like it, I don’t like the fact that you leave reception and then have to go outdoors to access your rooms. It feels like a run done council estate.

With one room I have stayed at, you go through dark passage ways with the odd dim light positioned in various corners of the complex. Some of the passages have glass on one side and the open elements on the other side It is variable. To access a room above the ground floor You would proceed to go up a stair well which is again open to the elements and into you room. Once you are in a room you don’t feel like going outside. It feels claustrophobic and if feels as if you are completely separated from the hotel.

I have also stayed in a court yard room and that is a bit better as you feel you are in a hotel rather than a council estate.

All the rooms I have stayed at are variable and old maybe a bit tired as well. The staff are ok but not the best I have come across. Good staff can make a difference!

Overall the complex is large and doesn’t have a good aura. I have always arrived in the dark so for me always has a New York sub way feel. I think this hotel is more for golfers rather than business people.

I hope I don’t ever get booked into this place again but wish no disrespects to the staff

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

Everything there is out of date. The furniture, the carpets, window dressings, bathrooms... everything. This situation is reflected on the price however.
The personnel is tired and un-motivated. When I went to my room which was hidden on the top of small staircase the lights were non-existing. I asked one staff to do anything about it due I`m wearing glasses and its not easy for me to find stares in pitch black dark. He said OK then disappeared. The light wasn't fixed.
The carpets are dirty, the flooring in the bathroom is peeling up, the furniture surface is sticky.
The food was served on small portions, so small that I have had to order another portion. Ridiculous. The rice was crunchy and vegetables half cooked.
This place look as a beautiful place but need a powerful face-lift and an independent assessment. Please do something about it. This place has a fantastic potential but now it`s not a welcoming place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015

I don't understand why this hotel has bad reviews.This is the second time we have stayed in the hotel,both times because we were visiting Thorpe Park.The price had gone up for this trip,so I e-mailed the hotel and was very pleased when they said they would match the price of our last stay,cutting the cost of this stay by almost half...NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST..The rooms,once again were lovely and clean,we ate in the restaurant on the first night and couldn't fault it,the breakfast was plentiful with everything you could ask for...All the staff were lovely and friendly...so top marks from us yet again....thank you Uplands,,see you again next year.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I don't like to write bad reviews but this time I have to!
From the website it looks like a beautiful hotel and I usually love the da vere group hotels.
Unfortunately we stayed I a room covered in mould and damp and stains on the carpet.
From car to bedroom was a good 10 min walk and most of this being outside so those with mobility issues or heavy bags may find difficult.
Despite paying for 2 nights they cancelled our key card so we were locked out on the second night and due to the layout getting back and finding someone to let us in was troublesome.
We went to the bar and restaurant on the first night and I'm not sure why but whilst eating we ended up surrounded by flies, the food was stale and the bar man didn't have any knowledge of the drinks available.
Our breakfast was truly horrible! All completely stale, limited selection despite getting there in good time and whilst I was still eating the staff tried on 3 occasions to clear my plate and charge me for my meal.
I really can't say that staff were friendly and helpful other than the receptionist who was there on our arrival but most of the time we couldn't find a receptionist.
The bonus was the beautiful grounds but it just doesn't make up for how horrible the food and room was.
I would never stay here again!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

One of the rubbish place. Very dirty and damaged bathroom. I made complaint to customer service no reply at all. I don't know how they run hotels. I had to leave after 2hours to find another hotel. no customer service.

• Stayed November 2014
Glossop, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

I booked into this hotel because my other haunts, both De Ver's, near by were full. Having been here before, my expectations were modified by my previous experience.

Lovely location with secure parking, those who are not fully mobile may have difficulty as the walk to the reception is open, up an incline and with two series of steps. Excellent grounds, and the maze has grown some height since my last stay.

My booking had not been received by the hotel so there was some initial confusion but the excellent receptionist on duty did not get flustered and sorted the problem, with grace and efficiency.

The bar, food and service throughout was excellent and it was very pleasant eating in the relaxed bar area with an excellent pint of bitter. All staff are bright, well groomed and friendly. The Breakfast was well above average and was well up to the De Ver standard. A good selection of cold with well cooked English. The Breakfast staffs were friendly and accommodating. Excellent bed with good linen. As this is a Conference Centre plenty of coffee with biscuits available with very good WiFi throughout

The second half of the tale is the rooms outside the central block. The building estate is in need of refurbishment. Because of the building design, which I like, the weather hits two sides of a room especially the rooms on the ground floor, damp is an issue. The windows are single glazed and have wood surrounds which add to the problem. Compared to the other two local De Ver's in respect of the Building Estate this is the poor relative.

All that said I would stay here again as the service out weighs the negative, I prefer to be treated well and can overlook other issues, any way I’m out all day and it’s dark when I return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Uplands House? Share your experiences!