Stayed this weekend; not too bad. Beautiful contryside. I had a room on the ground floor which was adequate, but there was no soap...service at the bar was a bit slow. I was with a party of friends and apart from a couple of us, who had rooms at the back of the building, all the others were kept awake until 3am, by another party of people who felt the need to smoke every 10 minutes outside the front of the building right under their windows. One of our party went to reception at 2am in her pyjama's to ask reception to ask them to be more considerate and quieten down.
The evening food was absolutely delicious and the full English breakfast was lovely. I did attempt to choose a breakfast pastry that were laid out on the bar, but decided against it when I noticed several flies all over them (flies should be dead by November; nonetheless - the food should have been covered).
All in all, it was OK for me (but not my poor sleepless mates). I paid £63 for my single room and think that, and the food was overpriced.
- Also Known As:
- The Fox Country Hotel High Wycombe
- The Fox Country Hotel
- High Wycombe Country Inn
- Fox Country Hotel
- The Fox Country Inn High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fox Country Inn is the ideal venue in a perfect location, catering for guests on both business and pleasure. Renowned for its outstanding natural beauty, the hotel nestles amongst the rolling Chiltern Hills, surrounded by beautiful woodland and countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your The Fox Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.