“Good fun but not for the claustrophobic!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Good fun but not for the claustrophobic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were a group of mid-20 year olds, looking for something to do in the Summer. The Caves were great value for a jaunt down to escape the heat, and have a creep around. The tallest of us (6'4") struggled to stand in most areas, and it was really scary for me (wimp!) but definitely something to check out in the local area.

Visited August 2012

Hertfordshire
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We visited hell fire caves and thought they were interesting and make a bit of a change! We said all you would need is a couple of actors en-route telling a tale or just walking about in character to give you a really good feel of what went on in the caves all those years ago. We, like many, booked through a groupon voucher so thought we got value for money. I think if we visited again we'd make sure the national trust park/house nearby is open to really make a day of it but we all came away having had a nice time.

Visited February 2013
Milton Keynes
13 attraction reviews
“Glad I didn't pay full price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The outside of the caves was very attractive and the cafe was reasonably priced. The caves, however, we're a bit disappointing and I'd have been very disappointed if I'd have paid the full price for my family to visit (we had a Groupon voucher). There's not a lot to look at in the caves, we spent no more than 20 minutes inside and that included reading the information plaques dotted around.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Good but not scary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went to the Hellfire caves last weekend. (Recommend staying in the George and Dragon down the high street).

Visiting all the spooky places we can find and staying in as many haunted hotels we can find. I would give the caves a rating of 3 out of 10 for spookyness during the day.

The cave walls arnt what you woudl expect, they look like they are coated in palster, but im sure they are natural.

I would lik to have another go down their on one of these nightime visits, maybe that would be spookyer.

Priced at £5.00 each isnt bad though.

Visited February 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Exciting day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is an excellent little day trip set in a quaint little West Wycombe. At the beginning the Hell-Fire caves don't seem like much but as you descend deeper into the mountain it gets quite eerie.

Also a plus was not having any guide, I always like to explore on my own anyways. **Remember a flashlight/torch, it can get quite dark at times**

Oh and don't forget to climb the hill and see the ancient church and mausoleum!

Visited January 2013