“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in High Wycombe
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights.I was very impressed.
The welcome at reception was pleasing and professional.
My room was a reasonable size, clean and the bed very comfortable.
I particularly liked the choice of pillows in the room,such a good idea.
The television,shower,hair drier,kettle all worked !
The hotel is in a good convenient location for the M40,High Wycombe and Marlow.
I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor about your recent experience of the Hotel. It was great to read that you had a fantastic stay. I have passed on your comments to Housekeeping and Reception. I look forward to your next stay with us in the future.

Mark Langham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

One year on from my first stay, I booked a room again for this year's office Xmas party in nearby Marlow. Also as before, I left my car there during the day and was dropped off late at 12:30am to check-in.

A Christmas party was in full swing, but this didn't affect the prompt service from staff. I needn't have worried about the party noise either, as once through the double-doors to the stairwell, the sound abated immediately.

This time, I was in room 119 which actually faces east, looking across the big roundabout at Junction 4. Reading other members' reviews in the past, a lot has been made about the traffic noise but to my surprise, the room was all but silent. True, occasionally the hum of a lorry could faintly resonate through the walls, but that was it. The windows are quite thick and have a wide insulation space between the panes, which must help keep things quiet.

The room was well-sized for one and in excellent condition. The same tea-making facilities, HD television and a clean bathroom with a powerful shower. The bed was also comfortable and clean.

Breakfast was extra but as I'd paid just £45 for the room, about a month in advance via the Holiday Inn website, I just checked out first thing in the morning. Our local Premier Inn does an all-you-eat breakfast for £7.99 with kids eating free; the Holiday Inn could learn from this.

So it's another easy 5 stars for High Wycombe. Every time I search the area for a hotel I just can't get anything as good value or well-located as this with nice comfort. Worth a look, and no doubt I will see the hotel again next year.

Room Tip: I would still think that internally-facing rooms are better if you're at all worried about noise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It was a pleasure to read your kind comments about your last stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to the Hotel Team about the great service and I hope that we have the pleasure of hosting your next stay when in High Wycombe.

Season Greetings
Rugby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

What an improvement: either the management has changed, or they really do listen: either way, a transformation. Room still a little tired, but that happens quickly in this sector, and given the popularity of this hotel. Good welcome, clean rooms, good bathroom facilities. Still VERY clunky internet access....... if in an executive room, one really shouldn't have to go through the login rigmarole they present you with........ maybe it's the US influence, but it really does let the offering down. If in a standard room, the charges are still unacceptable. Very good breakfast INDEED, helped by very good staff. Well done here. All in all, I SHALL be coming back, and without trepidation!

Room Tip: Don't get anything on the A404 side!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for coming back to the Hotel. As the General Manager I always take very seriously feedback given so that I can improve the service delivery and facilities offered. We have done a lot of work around the breakfast experience and I am glad to read that we delivered the expectation. I do hope that we will see you again soon at High Wycombe.

staffordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed just one night here prior to a family event in Amersham. The room was very clean, excellent bathroom with plenty of shelf space and well lit mirror. Bed was comfy but pillows and duvet were very lumpy.
The room was uncomfortably hot and turning down the thermostat made no difference. We discovered the radiator under the window was boiling hot and couldn't be turned down. However, hurray, we could open the window and even though it was a bitterly cold night, the room felt more comfortable. But what a waste of energy.
Our room was quietly situated around the courtyard but the walls were paper thin and when late night revellers returned at 1 am we could hear every word,
I had the continental breakfast which was excellent. Service was good and staff were extremely friendly and efficient.
Ver good value for such a low price but one night was enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay here at High Wycombe. I am sorry to read about the over heating in your bedroom, each room has a thermostat on the radiators for Guests to control. I have asked Housekeeping that as rooms check-out we move the thermostats down to 3 to ensure that the bedroom is comfortable on arrival for the next Guest.
I have passed on your great feedback about breakfast to the Team.
I hope to welcome you again soon to the hotel.

Seasons Greetings
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is modern, clean, bright and in a convenient location the rooms are nice. The restaurant service was poor, very slow. The front desk staff are very efficient, would suggest that if you stay here you eat out as there are several chain restaurants close by. The big bonus is this hotel is only 30 minutes from central London which makes it convenient.

Room Tip: Book an executive with king bed and sofa bed as they are very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for the great review from your recent stay at High Wycombe, I have passed on your comments on both cleanliness and reception efficiency to the relevant department Managers. I was disappointed to read that you experienced slow service in the Restaurant and will look into with the Operations Manager on what focus areas we need to address to resolve this issue as I would prefer that you eat with us rather than a High Street restaurant.
Thank you for your feedback Guests such as yourselves help us maintain the expected standard from Holiday Inn.
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I come here quite often, because it is very close to my UK office. A nice thing I noticed this time was that the room seemed a bit more modern, maybe even with some new furniture. The issues with this hotel stay the same anyway. Cold rooms with bad functioning AC, no elevator to the first floor (that has better rooms), and not so good attitude from the personnel. There are better options in Marlow to be honest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback from your last stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not have a great time and can only apologise for this. There had been an issue with the heating system through the Air con supply which has been resolved. If you could email me direct at mark.langham@ihg.com to give me details of the bedroom you stayed in so that I may investigate further that would be great.

Stoke-on-Trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed here before and should have known better. On checking in I asked about breakfast and was told that it would cost me £21 for two. As we are pensioners, that is beyond my pocket. Then when I asked for a walk-in shower I was told that they didn't have any. As I am disabled, and can't step over the bath ledge, that meant no shower for me. But having said that, the room was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. And it was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you are disabled, give this place a miss.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor.
Unfortunately all our accessible rooms do not have a walking shower but just a lower bath. To help access the bath we can provide a bath seat.
Regarding the breakfast I would suggest you to include it in your room rate once you make the booking as this is usually our cheapest option.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Kind regards,
Elena

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!