“Nice enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in High Wycombe
Irish Sea
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was a good hotel overall. Room was nice, although the air conditioning didn't work, so the room was rather warm; we opened the window and put up with the road noise (still slept pretty well). I didn't bother telling reception that evening as it would probably have meant we had to move rooms - I did tell them on departure though. Breakfast was excellent - A1; great choice and a good cup of coffee.

Several items had been added to my bill (I prepaid for the room) when I came to check-out; I don't know what these were and the chap at reception couldn't tell me. After several minutes, he managed to remove them and gave me a new invoice.

Room Tip: Check the air-con first!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the additional items on your bill. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
email:elena.corbioli@ihg.com

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel but check out took 20 mins and hotel tried to change us for supplements we hadn't had!!! Come off it!!

• Stayed March 2012
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the waiting time at check out. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
email:elena.corbioli@ihg.com

Front Office Manager
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have stayed at and used this hotel many times and always has a very welcoming feel. We stayed in a family room, ground floor nearest the end of the hotel near the motorway. Rooms are spacious and well furnished. Bathroom clean and tidy, if not a bit basic. Beds are starting to show signs of wear and the usual parts of the bathroom were looking a bit grubby...silicone round the bath, towels with stains on. Had room service which was quickly delivered and hot and not bad value. The person delivering it though was not too friendly and was glad looking at them that they did not cook it... or hope they didn't. The hotel has a large car park, is 20 yds away from a major motorway roundabout. It is next door to a well known American restaurant and is a few minutes away from Asda. John Lewis Homeware store is close by. Ask for a room away from the motorway and get a good rate and you cannot go wrong. Breakfast is fine, if not a bit limited and the restaurant feels a bit like a canteen.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from motorway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn with my partner and 10 year old son. (family room)
Very good stay, very professional reception.
Excellent room (clean and all facilities).
B-fast small servery, but everything you could want.
Very good value for money!!

Room Tip: Perhaps ensure that your room is not facing the busy M4
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our reception team firendly and welcoming.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn High Wycombe in the near future.
Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Ideal to catch the free bus to Adams park. On line rate much cheaper than face to face booking. Wouldn't recommend the restaurant, there were 3 couples on the evening of our stay and we all complained about cold, tasteless food. However breakfast was very good and well worth the extra £5 per person. 2 or 3 miles and you reach the beautiful town of Marlow, will be looking at an over night stay there next time.

Room Tip: Best to avoid rooms facing the M40 if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am really pleased that you were looked after by our helpful breakfast team, and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection.
I appreciate your point about the dinner and I will definetely pass the comments on to the Catering Manager and to the Head Chef.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Foggy in Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Please be aware that these are my personal views, and I do understand that others experiences may be different.
Be vigilant when locating this hotel. The turn off for this hotel is on an extremely busy large roundabout with many major exits. Be sure to be in the right lane or you could find yourself on this tragic roundabout going round and round------------and round.

Having said that I have always found this hotel to be competitively priced when compared to other local B & Bs. Always found this hotel to be very clean with helpful staff, and excellent rooms.

ROOM. Our room was on the ground floor facing the garden quadrant. Very quiet, clean and comfortable with a choice of pilows. Had a really good nights sleep.These rooms seem a little quieter than the outward road facing rooms, but even so the traffic noise does not disturb at all.

FOOD.
We had a booking with the breakfast option. We have allways found this buffet breakfast to be very good indeed. Plenty of choice and well cooked. Very tasty.
Must admit we have never had 'bad breakfast' and have been an occasional user of this hotel over many years.

Room Tip: My personal choice would be a room that faces the internal garden quadrant. Thought it nicer to look...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am really pleased that you were looked after by our friendly team, and that you found our rooms clean and welcoming.
I also glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I will definetely pass the comments on to the relevant people.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

A Monday night stay with 4 work colleagues on business saw us enter the near empty restaurant at around 840pm. The main course took 40 minutes to arrive and amusingly (as there was now no one left in the restaurant) four desserts took around 25 minutes to arrive. The mains were small and were very poor value for money. I had the pork char sui - more like pork hard luck, as it was border line vegetarian - and for the £13 plus it was scandalous. Five pounds an hour for the internet is off the pace of competitors and I suggest Holiday Inn wake up and smell the coffee....which takes me to the breakfast - which was fine....a basic buffet, no real frills or noteworthy points for travellers who choose to pay over the odds for this hotel with small bedrooms, rough 1950's towels, but a decent large LG HD flat screen (credit where its due). Just after I checked out, a manager gave a guy on reception a dressing down in ear shot of numerous guests - I heard him say 'it costs the Company money'......well they made need plenty of cash to pay the overheads as turnover surely cannot be growing

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
I would like to thank you for your invaluable comments. We do appreciate guest feedback as it gives us the chance to improve and enhance the service we deliver at the hotel.
I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel.
Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!