“Legoland trip” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Brewer's Fayre restaurant
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Legoland trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great food at a budget if you opt for the buffet meal deals. Breakfast is excellent with all you can eat but what make experience great are the staff in the restaurant

Visited April 2014

Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Good food, very friendly staff, great breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at Priemer inn adjourning the pub, stayed for nights so ate her for breakfast and dinner. Couldn't fault the staff, very friendly gave information about best way to get to legoland/Thorpe park and windsor. They knew we were travelling back they put a note on our reservation to keep the table if late due to traffic. My daughter has special needs and doesnt like to be crammed in, so they put us on a quiet table with no one near us, we had the same table at breakfast and dinner.
The food was normal pub food, tasty, hot and plenty of it, we had Mexican buffet one night which was nice, then the Italian buffet the next night that was lovely.
The manager and his staff work so hard but still spent time asking us if we enjoyed our days out, asking the children which rides they liked. Will go back in the summer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“"Air has more flavour than this so called food"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My Father and I went to this place for some food for lunch because all we had in the house was bread and that sort of thing. When we arrived at the restaurant, we parked at the car park (as normal) and went in. For some very strange reason, it was full. Both of us ordered the Cod and chips. To be honest, It arrived earlier than I expected, This was because something that is very fin doesn't take that long to cook. Most of the fish was actually batter and not the fish itself. The amount of chips was exactly 12 and a half. In total, their was only half the amount on the plate than I would get anywhere else.

As a result of the lack of food on the plate, Both of us were more hungry than when we arrived to the restaurant so we ordered the Chocolate chip Sundae's. This in total coasted us £8.58, a complete rip off for what we got. The reasons are below.

1) Not cold enough.
2) The Ice cream was so warm that it was as fin as water.
3) It didn't have any flavour what so ever except very dry and powdery biscuit.
4) The Amount we got was not £4.19 each (£8.58 in total).
5) There was not enough chocolate in it for a chocolate dish.

When we ended our terrifying time at this place, we went very fast all the way back to the car and went back home to have a sandwich. On the good side, We got a chair, yes a actual chair and we haven't yes felt ill but then it hasn't been that long since eating it.

However, back to the real world, The atmosphere was very poor, the decoration ware pointless, we were put into a very tight corner were I personally couldn't move that much and it get's much, much worse than that, read the other reviews.

Service- Average.
Food- Terrible
Value- Terrible.
Atmosphere- Poor.
Families and children- Terrible.
Special occasions- DON'T EVEN GO THERE.

I would like to thank everybody else who have good ideas on what food should be like. I would like to say to you all " please go to the website and tell them how it is done."

to round it all up. DON'T GO IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT FOOD ACTUALY IS!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Slough, United Kingdom
“Going downhill quickly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My Family and I visited the Papermill for the Mexican buffet. We were all very excited as we love tasty Mexican food, and from looking at the website this buffet sounded right up our street. To be completely honest though the food was just terrible.

**The Food**

The chilli con carne just tasted of beef gravy with a slight hint of chilli powder, I couldn't make out any meat in there at all. The Fajitas chicken was rubbery and the vegetables were rock solid, the rice was very dry and I can only describe the re-fried beans as comparable to an old tub of dried cement which had been sitting out in the sun for days. I know they are called re-fried beans, but when I looked at them I did wonder to myself how literally the restaurant had taken that name... No one had touched these beans, and quite rightly so as I think they may have found themselves with an upset stomach.

Obviously I don't expect the quality to be of the same standard as a dedicated Mexican restaurant, but this was just awful. The food was very bland. I know I like my food to be well seasoned but the food was just tasteless to me, and in fact even to my 9 year old boy.

**Service**

Most of the staff seemed as though they couldn't care less if we were even there or not. Not once were we asked how our food was. Obviously the lack of pride doesn't just end with the poor quality food, but is clearly on display with the staff's poor morale. The restaurant didn't even have a drinks menu!! I must admit though, all the staff seemed to wish us goodbye when we went to leave. Most likely as they couldn't wait to get us out the door....

**Price**

As for the price of the food this seems to be the only redeeming factor. A buffet for three (Two Adults and One Child) was £26.66. In terms of pricing this is pretty reasonable, or certainly would have been had the quality of food not let it down. I guess they don't make you pay for the buffet or your food in advance for nothing!!

**Would I visit again**

In short no. This wasn't my first visit to the Papermill, and I must admit in the past I have enjoyed many meals from there. Progressively over the past couple of years though the food has just got worse and worse. To the point now were I have decided to write this review to warn other diners before they possibly make the mistake of visiting this place.

Obviously everything in this review is my opinion and our tastes all differ, but I would hate for someone to go out expecting a good meal only to be very disappointed by this poor offering.

Thanks for reading.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Yorkshire, UK
“Good Value Evening Meal & Breakfast (Premier Inn)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed at the Premier inn next door and did an Evening Meal and Breakfast.

Evening Meal - Enjoyed it, good a good value pre 6:30pm meals and kids meal. Food Quality was nice for the price paid and enjoyed a couple of beers while relaxing after the 250 miles drive.

Nice atmosphere with a family / groups of family feel.

Breakfast - Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, good choice, quality and hot meals, good selection of hot and cereal, fruit options.

Special thanks to i think his name was Mark,(in the white striped shirt,) who was friendly and welcoming, My son told him we were going to Lego Land, he shared a couple of his tips on which rides to head to first at opening time etc which were useful for us to know and wished us all a great day. Nice touch.

Will be back when we are in the area for another trip.

• Visited March 2014