“Poor cleaning let it down” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Horseshoes Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Wycombe
The Three Horseshoes Inn
You added The Three Horseshoes Inn to your Saves list
Horseshoe Rd, Bennett End, High Wycombe, England   |
Ranked #5 of 20 High Wycombe B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Poor cleaning let it down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I agree with the previous reviewer , we two were on a night away for my husbands birthday and we also stayed in "India Garden Room" . The room was very small and again this wouldn't have mattered but for the general poor standard of cleanliness especially the bathroom. It sounds as if it hadn't been cleaned since the last reviewer stayed. There were hairs on the floor , the sink and back splash were dirty and the bathroon door very dirty , the shower was thick with limescale. This was a real shame because the inn is lovely and the food and staff all very good.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

My husband booked a night at the three horseshoes inn as a treat for my birthday to get away from the mess of home renovations and the start of a long weekend. On arrival the pub is idyllic with lovely log fires and a cozy setting nestled in a beautiful area of the chiltern hills. The front of house manager was excellent and showed us to our room and we said we'd be back for dinner shortly. The room, India, was a lot smaller than it looked in the photo - basically just enough space to walk around the bed and a dinky en suite wet room with the smallest basin known to mankind! That however was not a massive issue as the room seemed good value - until that is when we ventured into the bathroom where there was no evidence that any cleaning had been done since the previous guests. The loo was not cleaned around the bowl, there was toothpaste in the basin, there were hairs in the shower and all over the floor and the back of the door was covered in various showering remnants! Not pleasant! The rest of the stay was above average but by no means the quality you might expect reading marketing material on the restaurant that harps on about owner / chef who has experience from le gavroche and others. The soup was bland and the croissants in the morning were clearly bake bros or similar. The rest of the food was good however and the breakfast fry up excellent. Overall we got the impression that they had probably started off
well but standards had slipped and some corners cut resulting in an overall slightly disappointingly average stay. The topping off was a 5% service charge added to the entire bill which I missed - bit cheeky really!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was starting to think I would never find the right reception venue, and then I came across The Three Horseshoes. The location is perfect, quiet with amazing views of the Chiltern hills. Nothing was too much trouble for Michael and his staff, and the build up to the wedding was stress-free. On the day, the normally high levels of service and quality of food were replicated for our 80 guests and everyone said how much they had enjoyed their meal. We had exclusive use of the restaurant, bar and all 6 rooms for our wedding day and we stayed in the beautiful Loxborough room for our wedding night. Breakfast the next morning was the best I have had in any hotel and made a nice relaxing end to our wedding weekend. If you are looking for a wedding reception venue, or just a nice place to stay, you can’t go wrong with The Three Horseshoes.

• Stayed August 2010
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We went to stay in April to escape from the city. This is the perfect place. Not too far from London but you feel like you are! Wonderful dinner and wine in this cosy inn.The chef and owner Simon Crawshaw lived up to his great reputation. Our room was well- designed and immaculate. It is so peaceful. Will be going back as soon as we can - wish there were more places like this.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We decided to write our first ever review folloowing our stay at the Three Horseshoe Inn. At the last minute, me and my husband decided to go away on the bank holiday weekend. After searching for hours on the internet, I happened to stumble upon the Three Horseshoe Inn through Laterooms.com. I rang up the three Horseshoes direct and spoke to Michael who informed me that the Molieres room was available for Saturday night only or I could have the Phrophey room for Saturday and Sunday. Micheal suggested I booked direct through him as breakfast was not included had I of booked through Laterooms.com. After proceeding with the booking for both nights in Phropheys room, and with Michael confirming my booking, I decided to change my mind and enquired if I could book the Molieres room for Saturday and then the Phrophey room for the Sunday night as I really wanted a real luxurious room. Expecting Michael to be a bit miffed after all that, he was very pleasant and happily dealt with my request and managed to book dinner for the Saturday night also - result!!
I decided then to look at the reviews on tripadvisor and was a bit dubious after reading some of the reviews.
Anyways, to ensure this doesn't turn into some essay, I can confirm that our 2 night stay at the Three Horseshoes was totally above our expectations! I must must mention the bonus - Micheal rang me on the Friday to say that I could have the Molieres room for both nights for the same price as there was a change in their bookings!!! double result!!!
Upon arriving at the Three Horseshoes, we were taken to our room which my husband described as 'Like a cosy little cottage but with the services of a hotel on hand'. So cute and quirky the room was :)
Dinner was superb and was of a high standard of which you expect for the price. The waiting staff was friendly throughout and breakfast was equally as tasty. The setting at the Three Horseshoe was tranquil and set in West Wycombe was away from the normal hustle and bustle. Would highly recommend to other couples who are after weekend away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

beautiful location, faultless room, highly recommended. Food also lovely.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

After visiting The Three Horseshoes, (prior to the takeover by new patron Simon Crawshaw), it is clear that the changes made to the pub have been outstanding. The refurbishments and extensions have brought the pub/restaurant into the modern age, while also preserving the history and essential 'character' of The Three Horseshoes.

It is one of those places that you want to believe exists and can't quite imagine that it still does. From the moment we booked to stay there the whole place just oozed class. I arrived on the 17th May with my two young daughters from London to join my husband. We would be staying 2 nights in 'Molliers', (one of the largest rooms). Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff and head manager Michael. He took the time to answer all questions we had after showing us to our rooms. I found that everything was immaculate, the bed, bathroom, living room...etc. The homely features were a lovely touch and fresh country air made it very enjoyable to stay in. Neither myself or my husband could not find fault in our stay after spending two nights at this establishment. Quite and relaxing, everything you could ask for when you plan on going to the country.

I hardly a breakfast person and usually would go without but the food was so good and fresh that I would go back for the breakfast alone! We watched the stunning views and flying kites circle around the open fields and we fell in love with this place. The pond features, flowers, ducks and even the telephone box fountain made it more magical for us. Everything was perfect and the food was mouthwatering, much better than what me and my husband went to have last month at the 2 Michelin star restaurant in Richmond, The Bingham. Both of us take pleasure in eating out and The Three Horseshoes has been placed amongst our top 5.

What made the whole experience really wonderful was the service. Everybody genuinely cared for our family needs and went out of their way to ensure that we would have a perfect day. We could not stop ourselves from smiling!

Overall, The Three Horseshoes hit all the right buttons. The only fault we could find was the parking. While there is plenty of space during non-service times, when the pub/restaurant gets busy there's no room to park instead of the field. There is room for more cars but no lines on the ground. We shall be returning nontheless and entending to spend the next bank holiday with the family and parents.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Three Horseshoes Inn? Share your experiences!