“Not so good.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Brussels, Belgium
“Not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped here with the wife and 3 very hungry kids on the way up to Warwickshire.It was a week day lunch time so only 6 or 7 tables in, but the place was Freezing cold and the front door wide open.Everyone sat with there winter coats on.By the end of the meal my feet were like blocks of ice and I was glad to get back in a warm car.I have never been so cold in a restaurant.If we had not been so hungry we would have left.
My Larger was flat and had a strange taste, but the Waiter did change it and say sorry'' it must have been the first out the Barrel of he day''....but the 2nd was Just as bad.
The 3 guys who were serving it must be said were friendly and and the food was good but not a good TGI experience.Will not stop here again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

57% Recommend
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

although the service was ok - the place itself was really noisy and I found it to be expensive for what it was.

Visited November 2012
Manchester
“More attention to detail needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Ok, first of all, it was Valentines Day, so the restaurant was busy. We hadn't booked so had to sit at the bar which wasn't a problem.

Everyone knows what to expect with the menu here - burgers, ribs, fries etc!

To start with, I went for the sesame chicken pieces, which were served with a sticky sweet sauce, which complimented them well. I really enjoyed the starter and wanted to lick the plate! Afterwards, I was a bit horrified to find out that they are 1100 calories! Not good for the healthy eating!!

For mains, I went Sirloin steak and chips with veg. This was a big disappointment. The steak was a) overlooked b) very fatty and c) lacked flavour. The chips were soggy and the veg was completely overdone. After such a good starter, I expected more.

The service lacked the hyper friendly element that you come to expect from TGIs.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Slough, United Kingdom
“I'm sure this place could offer a better experience. But overall pleased.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We received an exceptional welcome, as I couldn't make online booking and was told to turn up. On arrival at 8:30pm,Thursday night, place was packed. The waiter tried to turn us away, as they were "exceptionally busy". Having explained that wasn't what I was told when I called the restaurant earlier to book table. There was 8 of us and I wasn't pleased. Surprisingly this waiter made the effort to get us in within no time. Was greatly pleased with this outcome as this waiter seemed to have delivered the service. However, the waiter at table spoilt the evening just with the drinks. Order was taken but took over 45mins to bring in 4 parts with 5-10min gap. By that time half of us had almost finished our drinks just waiting for drinks for others on table.
The food was served a lot quicker, orders arrived correctly and warm. I loved the food in this place and must say the meal servings weren't a disaster.
Desserts were delicious with a good choice for chocolate, or fruit, or even crumble lovers. A choice for everyone.
This place is a bit pricey but then in current time its in the middle range of spend. With alcoholic drinks expect your bill to higher. But consider it worth if you are looking for fab cocktails. If you were going for a place for food and drinks and its much better than to the similar likes of Chiquitos or Frankie & Benny's.
Good for family, taking friends, or as a work colleagues meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
maidenhead
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a number of times over the year. This time we where visiting for my daughters 13th birthday. Although the staff initially where attentive their was not any birthday fuss, which I was a bit disappointed about. But the meal itself was very good.

• Visited November 2012