“Always a good nights sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Aylesbury
littleborough
“Always a good nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent sleep in a very comfortable bed, but the heating in the room was a little temperamental. This, along with the lack of private drawer space was a bit of a disappointment. However, the hotel is very convenient for the centre of Aylesbury, which is a twenty minutes comfortable stroll away, and the evening meal that I had in the Horse & Jockey couldn't be faulted. The breakfast was plentiful but, unfortunately, I didn't care for the texture of the sausages. This was a pity because I always look forward to a couple of good sausages to start me off for the day. All the staff were pleasant but the bar area wasn't my cup of tea in the evening. I easily solved this problem by drinking in the local pub, which was only a five minutes walk away! Overall I had no reason to complain and, as the purpose of my visit was fulfilled, (visiting the three preserved railways in the area), I boarded the train to come home in an extremely happy mood.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
notnic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Premier Inn itself is fine, you know what ur getting, it's clean if a little dated compared to others I've stayed in. The windows are draughty and hence let in traffic noise but on the whole ok. The breakfast left a lot to be desired .. Tinned fruit, no croissants, no saucers for the tea cups. None of the tables cleared, u gd to look around for a clean table. Service bad. They cook to order but my soft boiled eggs were solid, nx day tried poached, again over cooked. I didn't see an empty breakfast plate which speaks for itself. Love premier inn normally but probably won't stay at this one Shaun, will go to holiday inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Aylesbury, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. All feedback is of paramount importance as we endeavor to improve our services and meet all of our customers needs. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel.
Beverley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed in the adjoining Premier Inn which was excellent. The pub however was awful. We had to wait over an hour and a half for the food and when it came out it was minus my wife's order and three of the mreals were cold. We sent the meals back and had to wait over half an hour for them to be warmed up. When mine came back the steak was inedible. I sent this back to be replaced and after waiting 2 1/2 hours with no food I finally gave up and told them to forget it and to send me the bill for the drinks but I wouldn't pay for the food due to the extremely poor service and quality. I also asked to speak to the manager who said it wasn't her fault but they were very busy and tried to blame us for not booking the table for a set time. I suggested she check her diary as I made the booking with her and I saw her write the name and time in the book.

Room Tip: Use the pub down the road for food
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although the attached restaurant is not Whitbread Owned, your comments have been passed to the company responsible aswell as the Premier Inn Manager and we will work together to ensure these issues are resolved. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Looe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Book a Premier Inn and you know what to expect, clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff (even when dealing with an irate customer - no not me by the way, and a pub/restaurant next door. Great value for money and top quality

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I want to start by saying that you cant fault the staff, they really are a nice bunch. The hotel itself is very basic and the rooms are very small and sanitary/bland. I stayed a couple of times in January, the first thing I noticed was how cold the rooms are so ask for a heater. This really isnt a bad hotel, apart from the things mentioned, my only real gripes were, it seems the hotel is frequented by a lot of tradesman, builders, road gangs etc. So you do get people driving in or leaving at stupid o'clock in vans, also the hotel is right next to the main road, very noisy. The one thing I really couldn't get my head round though? Not one single power socket on the bed side of the room. So all of the millions of people who make full use of 21st century technology with smart phones, laptops etc? you're out of luck unless you bring some very long extension leads. Apart from that, not a bad place to stay at all. I would also like to add that although I didn't have breakfast in the Hungry horse, dinner was quite nice, along with the staff

Room Tip: Away from the road and exits, people smoke by them
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

we have stayed at this premier inn for the last 5 years for our clubs winter meet.
ALL the staff from the manager to the house keepers are excellent. they are warm, friendly and happy to help.
the service is out of this world for a budget stay, i have no problem in recommending a stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed overnight in a warm and cosy family room on the coldest night of the year so far (19th-20th Jan). Service was excellent, on site staff were extremely helpful, especially first thing when the ice was particularly heavy. Ate in the Horse and Jockey where service was swift and cheerful, especially at 6.30 am for breakfast. Can't recommend the place enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Aylesbury? Share your experiences!