“Needs some good management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Dog House Aylesbury

The Dog House Aylesbury
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aylesbury
The Dog House Aylesbury
You added The Dog House Aylesbury to your Saves list
Broughton Crossing | Broughton, Aylesbury HP22 5AR, England   |
Ranked #13 of 28 Aylesbury B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Needs some good management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We came to the dog house for our first time to celebrate a birthday.
We were greeted and shown to our table unfortunately thats where the service ended.
We waited over 30 minutes for a sunday roast, my beef was very tough and flooded in gravy and my wife s turkey was pink raw in places.
Customers should be given gravy in jugs not flooded on the plate. Noone came back to check if everything was ok or get us anymore drinks.
I always give a venue a second chance, judging by how they handle my complaint, unfortunately I was told that she would let the chef know and the rib of beef is usually tough?!
The staff are friendly and this could be something special, but take it from an ex food and beverage manager improved staff training and better cooking along with good complaint management and you will succeed!

• Stayed January 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at The Dog House hotel for one night, and I must admit I was a little bit anxious after reading some of the reviews, however, I need not have worried. I phoned beforehand and asked if we could take our 2 dogs with us and I spoke to Elena and she said yes she would put us in a ground floor room right by the fire escape so we could let them out. When we got there we were put in room 18 which was just as she had promised. At first I was a bit concerned as we had to pass the toilets to get to our room, but there was another door between them and our room so we had no problem at all. Our room was plenty big enough, twin beds and plenty of room for 2 dog beds, The ensuite was really big as well, with a good shower. Breakfast was tasty and you could have a choice, every where was nice and clean and the beds were comfy. I would definitely recommend it and will surely use it again if we are in the area.
The only thing that bugged me was all the doors squeaked, perhaps someone could go around with an oil can??

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My Hubby & I had a lovely meal here last Thursday, it was his birthday and we wanted somewhere relaxing to eat where we knew the food would be good, We have eaten here before for both lunches and for dinner and have never been disappointed, we were greeted, seated & served our drinks as soon as we decided to browse what was on offer, I love the fact that everything is on huge black boards on the wall so you can see at at glance to get your taste buds watering, we both had the olive & bread grazing boards for starters, it was delicious & a generous platter, for the main I had whole tail scampi with all the trimmings & Hubby had the rack of ribs, again with all the trimmings which he polished off with great satisfaction, this is a lovely rustic pub / restaurant & the chef does a great job cooking everything to order, over all an impressive, friendly dining experience & I would recommend to anyone wanting good quality food at a good price with customer focus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was off after a long period of work and was just looking foward to relax in a nice place with nice food.... ALL WRONG. Ordered two cheddar burgers for £7.50 each. We had been served 30 minutes later (We were the only customer) with literally 2 buns with a massive uncooked watery tasteless "beef" minced meat. No tomatoes, no salad in it... PLAIN. On a top of that, their choices of drinks is very limited... If you want a cider, you better like Magners as they do not have anything else, I ordered a glass of red wine which was more like mulled red wine as it was very warm. The table was sticky, hair was found in the vinegar jug which was itself very dirty. Plus I found the toilets unhygienic which I feel is a reflection on the kitchen. It is called the DOG House and I have the feeling I had been served DOG food!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

8 of use went for Sunday lunch quite late in the afternoon. Lovely meal, I had the beef, nice thick slice, veg, potatoes to die for, the a dish of broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce turned up, the the massive Yorkshire puddings to share. Great prices excellent service. Will go again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are a couple in our 40's and popped in for Sunday lunch, overall it was good value, we had the £9.95 rib eye meals. Broccoli and cauliflower were served in a lovely cheese sauce on the side and the carrots, cabbage and parsnips cooked beautifully. The only downside was the giant Yorkshire pudding as it was dry and hard ...may be better to serve smaller, fresher ones..

Place was shabby chic, clean and the staff really pleasant and relaxed. Would visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Attended a wedding at the dog house..... Fantastic!!!!! The restaurant was layed out beautifully for the sit down meal after the ceremony.... The food was superb, the service excellent and the staff brilliant. After the speeches the staff quickly transformed the room ready for the disco to follow in the evening along with a fantastic buffet laid out for the evening guests.... The whole day and night was amazing... Couldn't complain about a thing... Lots of the guests stayed in the b&b for the whole weekend which was great and so convenient.... No travelling back and forth just a trip up the stairs... What a fantastic weekend had by all..... a great choice of venue... Will definitely be visiting again

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Dog House Aylesbury? Share your experiences!