“a surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 143 restaurants in Aylesbury
Cuisines: Barbecue, Portuguese, Steakhouse, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Grill inspired by traditional Asian cuisine, using our long standing family recipes we have blended both Mediterranean an African flavours to create a unique Asian infused dining experience. Our menu offers a vast choice of flame grilled prime British beef steaks, Peri –Peri chicken, platters, meat, fish and vegetables freshly prepared with a delightful hint of spice. All meats are marinated for a 24 hour period prior to cooking and are basted whilst on the grill to get the full flavour. Rumsey’s of Wendover and Thame have been kind enough to allow there long established brand of Chocolates, cakes and ice creams to be exclusively provided by The Grill on our dessert menu. A 10% discount is available for civil servants when providing ID. We also provide a home delivery service
AYLESBURY
“a surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

having walked past this restuarant , it never really enyiced me to go in , however my son and his girlfriend took me there after a visit to the theatre and i was pleasantly surprised, our party had a starter to share and the steaks/ribs and peri peri chicken , i like my steak and the Ribeye i had was really good and priced at £13.95 it was a good price considering you got a free sauce and 3 sides included , i had chips mushrooms and roasted vegetables , which were very nice , now having been there i would not hesitate to recommend it , and the staff were friendly and efficient, oh and by the way you can bring your own drinks in too

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
“The grill special....the best special in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited the grill for the first time last night and it certainly won't be my last!

The service was polite, smiley and extremely welcoming.

I went with my husband and we both had a stater of pitta bread which came with a beautiful sauce and lamb chops which where both flavoursome and tender! Easily the best!

For mains I had a grill special which was amazing! It came with rice and a mixture of the whole menu and naan which was all cooked to perfection!

My husband had a t-bone which he said is the best steak he has ever had ( and he's not a man easily pleased!) ...

Will definitely be back for more!

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Review Based on Alcohol Charge Per Person”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having read all the reviews I thought I would book for 3 of us to go this Friday. Called to book and a very nice girl answered the phone. When I checked that they do not have a Licence to Sell Alcohol she confirmed that was correct, but to bring our own alcohol that would be £5 per person - sorry???????? They do not have a Licence so they shouldn't charge us for bringing alcohol. It is normal to charge corkage if you bring your own alcohol to a venue or restaurant that has a Licence to Sell Alcohol. Bucks Balti and Shensha don't charge a spurious amount to take your own alcohol. What a flaming liberty. I told her I wouldn't bother booklng.. We will go to Bucks Balti instead.

• Visited February 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing steaks, fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are regulars at The Grill. The steaks are amazing and the service is second to none. You take your own alcohol too which I love because it keeps the cost down. Its a small place but feels cosy. The only thing i would recommend is not to book on the ground floor. It gets quite smoky as thats where the kitchen is.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Great value, friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My first visit to The Grill will not be my last! The staff were not only very friendly, but also very helpful in regards to decision making and describing the different dishes. The value was really great, with a pretty large chicken kebab starter that came out on a sizzling griddle and a bed of onions for just £2.95.

The selection of main meals was great, lots of different steaks and sizes, and we were even told about a £45 steak - 36oz. The steaks themselves come three sides and a sauce. I am not a big sauce fan, so I said, no sauce please, and was instantly offered an additional side order.

Cooking of the steak was delicious for me. I asked for medium and it was perhaps a little bit over - but I certainly don't dislike well done so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The chef even came out to ask us if everything was okay after the meal.

Great place, good atmosphere, friendly, good food, excellent value. I'll be going again.

• Visited January 2013