“Quaint” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Venice Bed and Breakfast

Little Venice Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aylesbury
Little Venice Bed and Breakfast
You added Little Venice Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
129 Mandeville Road, Aylesbury HP21 8AJ, England   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Aylesbury B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped here when on a business trip. Stayed on the Monday night and then the Wednesday (no availability on the Tues unfortunately).

From the off they were really helpful. I got there early on the Monday morning, far too early to check in, but they let me leave my car and walk into Aylesbury town centre (about a 30 minute walk).

I stayed in the smaller twin room upstairs on the first night. 2 single beds, iron, cupboard, tea tray, and big flatscreen telly. And free wi-fi! Everything you need.

Downside is that there is no ensuite, but the shared bathroom is lovely, very clean and has a good shower. Remember your own toiletries though, I was caught short without shampoo!

On the second night I had the double ensuite room upstairs which was absolutely brilliant. Huge bedroom, really light and airy, massive bathroom which a bath/shower. So much room. The wall is a bit thin between the bedrooms, but I was massively tired after work so it didn't phase me.

Breakfast in the morning is continental, but perfectly fine. I'd say a little early if you're not on business though.

Worth a visit, lovely comfy rooms, tastefully decorated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at Little Venice TWICE for a few days while working in Aylesbury. I found the staff there very welcoming and the place airy, bright, peaceful and very well situated (local shops and town centre). The room was very clean, spacious enough with a double shower and it was handy to have free internet access wi-fi. I had good nights sleep and the continental breakfast was nice as well. I highly recommend Little Venice to anyone looking for good quality standards and affordable accomodation coupled with good location and a handy parking!I should be heading there again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Little Venice was really lovely. The room was large, spotless, and had everything we needed - also a large, spacious bathroom with a piping hot power shower. It all looked wonderful - until it came to actually sleeping in the room. After reading all the other reviews, maybe we were just unlucky, but we were kept awake until 3am by people in the house next door, - talking, and going in and out of the garden. Such a shame because everything else about the place was almost perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
South West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 months whilst working locally. The place is bright, very clean and even has accessible free wi-fi. Rooms are above usual standard for a guest house. Breakfast is continental style but all the usual cereals and toast are on offer. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Having stayed for two months, I could not fault the place, and if I was heading to Aylesbury again, i would book for the duration.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My godmother booked this little b&b so i could attend her 60th party. Fabulous welcome very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had good facilities although there was no hand basin. A good sized TV and tea coffee making facilities. The room I was in was a little cold and as a rule I don`t feel the cold!!

Room Tip: Downstairs bedroom doesn`t have heating and bathroom is upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Vicente de la Barquera, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I came to Aylesbury last month to visit my friends and i booked myself at Little Venice B&B, What a marvellous place to stay, starting from the very warm welcome, to a very comfortable and very beatiful room, the deco is very beatiful. Also an amazing 32 inch HD TV, and the selections of breakfasts, i loved it!!
I stayed here for 7 days and i must say i didn't want to leave i felt pampered myself, this is a wonderful place to stay and a very value for money. I recomend this place 1000%

Room Tip: Everywhere is perfect!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I was an international medical student at the time and had been living in Aylesbury for almost a year doing electives at the hospital when I was told I would no longer be able to stay at the accommodation I was at. Frantically I searched for a place to stay so I could prepare for my final exams. Thankfully I found the Little Venice b&b literally 5 minutes walk from the hospital.

I took the room on the first floor which was 35 pound a night. It was spacious, had two single beds, one for me and one for my box full of medical books and also a desk, excellent for studying. There was a television and best of all wireless internet. There was also a kettle and mugs along with complimentary tea and coffee. The room was located right next to the bathroom which made it almost like an en suite.

I stayed there for 2 weeks. The room and the bathroom were always impeccably clean. I enjoyed my continental breakfast every morning and as the b&b was located a few houses up from a co-op and fish and chip shop I had no problem getting food. The bus stop is located across the street if I ever felt like going into the Aylesbury town center for a coffee or a more substantial meal. Not to mention there are nearby Indian, Chinese and pizza food places that deliver right to the b&b doorstep. Understandably, it is requested that you do not eat in the bedrooms but you can eat in the dining room.

My hosts were also what made the whole experience a great one. They were very kind, helped me to improve on my Spanish and were very considerate of the fact that I was studying for one of the most important exams of my life. All in all my stay was great and I even think the b&b brought me some good luck, because I was successful in my final exams.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Little Venice Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!