“Birthday treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have used this restaurant for many years as family treats etc. This year we again visited for my sons birthday. The salmon meal I have enjoyed all year was superb and the men loved their chicken chat. The atmosphere is good warm and friendly. Wine a little over priced but not unusual for a centre city place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Best restaurant !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last night we visited Kathmandu restaurant which is an excellent restaurant with an authentic Nepalese taste. We had momos for starter which came with an amazing sauce.Then for main we had lamb chhoyla and chicken sunkoshi which was delicious Nepalese dish.The service was friendly and very attentive.visit again with my friend for Christmas party.

“Best food in Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love curry and, having sampled a pretty good mix of the curry houses and restaurants in Bristol, I can safely say that this is the best. The fact that I've been eating here for years now (at least 7) and I reckon I've eaten 150-200 meals here backs this up. Occasionally, I do go to other curry restaurants but they never match up to the quality and freshness of the food. The food is excellent, as is the friendly service. I have recommended this restaurant to many people (who agree with me) and I would recommend it without any hesitation.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't order delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Me and my partner ordered from this restaurant as we didn't have time to cook and were both tired. The menu looked very good and the restaurant had good reviews so we decided to order 2 curries and sides for delivery. On ordering the food we were told that it would arrive within 30-45 minutes. After 50 minutes of waiting we called the restaurant only to be told the food was on it's way. 15 minutes later we phoned again only to be told there were issues with the taxi company. My partner only lives 15 minutes away from the restaurant so it shouldn't take long in a car. We waited about 1 hour 45 minutes for our food to arrive eventually and this was after repeated calls. The food was cold when it came and no additional items were included as a good will gesture and the delivery man insisted on taking the full £29 from us. I was insensed at both the quality of the food and standard of service from this joke of a restaurant. I rang to complain and got an apology but this wasn't forthcoming. I will never use this place again and would advise to look elsewhere if ordering food for delivery.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newport -Trefdraeth, United Kingdom
“perfect for pre show eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked here at 6:30 prior to a show at Colston Hall at 7:30pm on a friday night. We love indian food so this was a no brainer.

We arrived a little early and considering its location it was quiet. It is a little dated inside decor wise and a little cold. The atmosphere was a little lacking too.

The staff however are very friendly and helpful. We chose nepalese main dishes to take advantage of the speciality cuisine being offered.

We chose the Lamb Choyla and chicken kritipur - I think they are spelt right! They were both very very tasty. We teamed it with indian vegetables and rice, naan etc.

I wouldnt say it was the most mind blowing indian food in terms of presentation and taste but it was still a very good experience. It was reasonably priced also.

If i could see an improvement - it would be to the atmosphere and ambience of the restaurant.

I would definitely go back if going to Colston Hall again and would recommend.

• Visited November 2012