“Simply Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #377 of 1,460 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European, English, French, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: From the moment you step inside our Bristol restaurant our dedicated team will ensure that you feel at home by providing impeccable and attentive service with a selection of dishes for everyone. Juniper is about celebrating with partners, friends and family in a relaxed and cosy dining environment. Head chef Nick Kleiner takes his inspiration from contemporary eclectic menus that specialise in balancing bold and fresh flavours. Using well-sourced seasonal produce is also vital to Nick and he strongly believes in supporting local food suppliers regularly. Since we opened over twelve years ago in the heart of the Cotham / Kingsdown, our restaurant has been continuously recognised in the Bristol food world. For two years running now we are award winning, holding an AA Rosette.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Simply Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went in a party of four as part of a voucher deal- 5 Courses & a glass of wine for £47 per couple! What an abosolute bargain. We've eaten here on numerous occassions and the restaurant never fails, in terms of; service, quality and overall dining experience.
The atmosphere is great for either intimate or a group party, with the staff being both helpful and friendly. I've eaten out extensively and paid considerably more for meals nowhere near this standard, quality and explosive taste! The crab cakes and goats cheese on brioch were excellent together with lamb and beef for mains. The deserts were fantastic; sticky toffee pud and creme brulee.
My only small gripe, was that 10% (discretionary) service charge was calculated on the full meal charge before the discounted rate, which was £23 for our party of four. Albeit, we thought it still good value.
In summary, would I recommend Juniper- always! Can't wait for the next visit.

bristol
“Second visit and its still first class.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Having been impressed on our last visit, decided to go again, and found the same really good standard of food, wine and service. We had read reviews that felt the staff were not as good as they could be, but we found that even those who were obviously learning, were smiley and helpful. What more can you ask? Food as before, well presented and both our main courses one Lamb and one steak were perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Faultless, and will be going again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kent
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went to dinner with my partner here on a 5 course groupon voucher and wine for two for £47. Being only 21 I was unsure how it would be and not using a groupon voucher before I was a bit nervous as to whether it would be good, reading some of these reviews I was unsure.
However, we had an amazing evening! The staff treated us so kindly - not any different because we were on a voucher. The service was really quick and the place had a great atmosphere. The whole restaurant was full, although it is a small place, but still good for a wednesday night. The surrounding area didn't give me much hope for the night as it didn't look very lively and a bit run down, however this restaurant is a little gem in such a place. Only a short walk from the city centre where I live.
I had crab cakes to start which was very flavoursome, then a tomato salad with cheese which was nice but not to my liking, beef steak for main which was amazing, cooked to exactly my liking, with veg, chips etc although the amount of chips looked small, I was really full by the end of it, cheese and crackers and then a chocolate truffle pot which was mouthwatering! There was at least 5 options to choose from each section of the menu, so would meet everyone's taste.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant, the value for money was great! I doubt I would pay full price for this as I am a poor student, but definitely would purchase another voucher if it came up again! Although there was a 10% service charge on the end of the meal, for what the price would have been, I was very happy to pay this.
Thank you Juniper for a great meal :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disgraceful Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been to Juniper on a number of occasions, both full price and voucher offers, and always had a superb meal with immaculate service.
I had already booked to go next Thursday when an email offer appeared in my inbox- 3 courses for £18, to be taken Monday/Tues/Weds/Thurs this week. I booked for last night (Tues) as a birthday treat for my husband.
WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!
The food was up to their usual standard but the service left too much to be desired. Two young girls and a young man were more interested in each other than what they were doing. I was facing in towards the restaurant and able to see what was going on. They don't seem to have been trained to continually watch for the needs of the clientele.This is not an inexpensive restaurant and the quality of the food deserves better. We were kept waiting for plates to be cleared between courses and, we had been sat so long that, we left before the dessert could be served. Why make an offer to get people in if one doesn't make the experience so good they can't wait to return. Isn't that why one advertises?
I am seriously considering cancelling the Thursday reservation.
I have tried to contact the restaurant manager today before writing this but that is an impossible task.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, England
“Top food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

4 of us had dinner on a monday night in early November using Living Social deal vouchers.
The restaurant was faily busy - nice atmosphere. A warm welcome and a glass of wine (included in the deal) set us off to a good start.
The five course meal was very good with decent choices for starter, main and dessert.
The food is attractively presented - not too fussy - and cooked to perfection. Everyone enjoyed their choces. The service was excellent and attentive. All staff were very friendly.
Despite this high quality we would have found the meal expensive if we had been paying the full price - at the deal price it was very good value.