“Has improved hugely!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Has improved hugely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went to Las Iguanas a few times a few years ago, and it was nice but not amazing - some dishes were good and some were less so. I came back a few weeks ago and it was so much better! There's clearly been some kind of revamp of the place and menu. I had 3 tapas off the tapas deal, plus a side and they were fantastic, without exception. I don't have a single complaint about the food and would go back again and again!

The service wasn't quite up to scratch, though. The staff were nice but slow and several mistakes were made, first with our order and then with our bill.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bristol
“Another Lovely Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had a lovely evening meal at Las Iguanas in Clifton, Bristol. We just tried the new menu that they introduced a few weeks ago. The FEIJOADA DE PUERCO was very nice and compares well with the authentic taste of Brazil.

The staff were and always have been very friendly. In particular for this visit, Jimmy and Gabriel were very welcoming and cheerful. We've been coming to this restaurant for many years.

Our real favourite are the Steak Fajitas which are always cooked to perfection. I can also recommend the Cassava Fries which are really tasty. The dessert Tres Leches is very nice too.

• Visited March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable - not many people there - which I love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

What makes a good restaurant and bar? For me one that you can spread out and chillax in without being pushed around and feel under pressure. This is exactly what Las Iguanas does - lovely sofa and spread out and enjoy a cocktail without any hassle of falling over people. Not only that but for once we have a manager that has a brain - if you have a big meal and visit regularly then every now and then they throw in a freebie. That is what sticks in my memory - when was the last time someone gave you something for free in a restaurant/bar - 1993? That was mine..

The food tapas is very good and quick to serve so ideal if you are on a work time lunch hour or quick snack again ideal. We thought it was all very good and 2for1 cocktails do go down nicely! Maybe with the tapas start small and build up they are very filling... all in all Okdokey and lovelyjubbly..

By the way if you are into Brazilian Bossa/Samba music they had some interesting cds playing...

• Visited April 2013
“"lovely night"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Last Saturday me and some girlfriends decided to check out what all the fuss is about and as iguanas virgins decided to go for the cosier looking Clifton restaurant.

When I said cosy I meant heaving, the place was rammed and all the staff were on full throttle. We hadnt made a reservation and had to wait a 45 (told 30) minutes for the table. This would have been annoying had the two barmen not kept us entertained with among other things their cocktail skills and of course never thirsty!! FYI iguana Cosmo=lush

I went for the fajitas which I couldn't fault, I tried some of my friends prawn and squash dish which was delish! I only wish I was more adventurous with my ordering.
The service was what one could expect on such a night, but I never got to know my waitresses name, which is something I like.

The best thing for me was the genuine friendliness of the staff from the manager down, like the bar guys taking the time to wish us a "lovely night" on the way out.
Fab!!'

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Every time a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been going to Las Iguanas in Clifton for almost ten years now. The quality of the food (and the caipirinhas!), the friendliness of the staff and the atmosphere make it the first place I always head to when I'm back in Bristol. Whether it's a date or with a group of friends, LI is perfect. Recommend!

• Visited January 2013