“Remote b&b” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Coach House

You added The Coach House to your Saves list
The Coach House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Bristol Road | Hambrook, Bristol BS16 1RY, England   |
Ranked #27 of 66 Bristol B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Willenhall, England, United Kingdom
“Remote b&b”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you enjoy being away from it all in the countryside then this will suit. Unfortunately it wasnt my cup of tea. I stayed on business and was disappointed to find there was no food available. I didnt realise it was just a B&B. Unfortunately, my search for food in the village was unsuccessful. The pub directly opposite (The Crown) i was told didnt serve food on a Mon or Tuesday whilst the pub in the village didnt have any food on offer as "no-one had connected their cooker". The only other possibility was the Chinese in the village. It didnt look particularly welcoming so i decided to jump in my car and travel up to Cribbs Causeway.

The room was large enough, had tea and coffee making facilities, ironing board and iron. Excellent Wi-Fi availability in the room and the breakfasts are made to order. Other than that, it is very basic, no frills, just somewhere to crash for the night. Dont go expecting a good evening out as there is simply nothing to do (unless you want to get hammered in the local pub (without food!))

On a final note, the noise from the other rooms is very loud. When someone walks on the floor above or opens their wardrobe door / bedroom door it reverberates throughout the rooms. If you fancy a lie in and the people above get up at six - then you will be woken up for sure.

Overall i found it to be expensive for what it is (although Bristol prices are generally high)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose The Coach House after reading reviews on here and looking at the management photos on websites to give us an idea of our accommodation. The location suited us as it was walking distance for a family reunion over the weekend.
The website shows well appointed, bright, spacious rooms.... it looks very nice. However....
We arrived late afternoon and parking okay. It is set back off the main road and very easy to miss. We booked in at a very large reception area and number 1 was our allocated room on the ground floor.
Our room was nothing like the Management Photos posted.... our double room was small, the door would not open fully due to a double bed being squeezed in and bedside tables. It was a dull room, not well furnished and two small windows... the bathroom was behind a poorly painted door and not well finished. We ditched our cases and went out to meet family.
The next morning we went for breakfast... we had to wait 40 minutes to be seated, so not a good start. The breakfast was average and the service was good by apologetic staff.
If you check out our 3 photos and compare them to the "brochure" you will see what I mean.
We spent very little time in our room so we didn't dwell on it.
As usual, I can only rate on my experience and the room allocated to us. Well below what was expected. Nothing worse than expecting a lovely bright room and ending up in the back room.
If you do decide to book I would most certainly ask if your room is featured in the Management Photos..... I would avoid room 1. See my photo's. I would suggest that budget hotels in the area offer consistency and value for money. I would not go back.

Room Tip: Ask when you book if your room features in the brochure...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived on Friday 3rd April and found parking easy at the hotel. The only comment would be that it is very easy to miss the sign as you drive through the village of Hambrook.... Tip, it's almost opposite the Crown pub...!

Our room was really fine, TV, coffee and tea making facilities, including good quality free WiFi too. We found all the staff very helpful and the breakfast gets a 10 for one of the very best english breakfasts anywhere....

You will not be disappointed here... Local attractions included the Crown pub across the road, which we visited on more than one occasion....!!! One useful tip is there is a bus stop just outside the hotel which will take you directly into the centre of Bristol for about £3 to £4 - Although we used our Senior Bus passes ....

I think it is an hourly service... Journey times took only about 20 minutes, which is nothing if you consider the saving in time parking etc... Another tip is that there are some road works as you come off the motorway which does not allow you to turn left to go into the village of Hambrook, so you do have to follow the diversion signs.

But you can come from the hotel, the other way back to the motorway. So, using the bus has that advantage too... All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Somerton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in one of the twin rooms. The hotel is okay....it's easy to find but doesn't have the biggest car park, we had to park our car over the road...when we finally got in we where greeted and shown to our rooms, the chap on reception wasn't the most friendly guy but he did and said what was necessary. The hotel is in need of some doing up there are exposed wires, walls which are in desperate need of paint and some general wear and tear. The room however was nice enough it was clean and spacious which is all we needed. When it came to bedtime the double bed was VERY squeaky (no we weren't doing what your thinking, I was sharing a bed with my mum!) we couldn't even roll over without creating so much noise. With my children asleep in their travel cots I was forced to lay in the same position all night in fear of waking them up!! Breakfast was what it said on the tin. Perfectly clean and fine! We would stay here again for connivence but the hotel is very tired which the photos on here don't show

Stayed March 2015
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

The Coach House is tucked away just from the major road network outside Bristol, so good to travel in many directions. Very clean rooms, bedding is always pristine and bathrooms are exceptionally clean which is very important to me as a frequent traveller. The rooms are prepared for your arrival in that during the winter the chalets and rooms are pre heated which is really welcome on a cold evening. The new owners are really friendly and work hard to make guests feel welcome. They are happy to accommodate your room choice or find the right room for you. They are making small but notable improvements without adding the cost to the room rate. Having said that the cost is high value and the best I have enjoyed anywhere in the Bristol area. The breakfast choice and quality is fab, and again the early morning staff are friendly and do everything they can to make the start of the day a good one. A few weeks ago I had to rush off thinking I would miss breakfast but the lady made me bacon butties and wrapped them in foil for me, you wouldn't get that in a large national chain. That brings me to my next positive comment, I detest the silent hum and whir of national chains and their heating systems, every one is the same. Not so here, because the Coach House is tucked away you are almost guaranteed a noise free restful sleep. Last comments, pubs and chinese take away walking distance, ten minute off the M5 you can drive back up to The Venue where many, many restaurants await! Great place, great value for money, clean rooms and friendly owners. Yes I commend The Coach House to you. I am a business traveller normally but happily stayed here with family a few months ago. best Steve

Room Tip: Chalets are good for single traveller
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Very welcoming staff, very high standard rooms for a B&B, modernised bathroom and lovely rustic furniture in keeping with the property. Had no issues with temperature in the room, great nights sleep and beautifully cooked breakfast. Definitely Booking again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

One of the few reasonably priced hotels on the north side of Bristol close to UWE and Bristol Business Parks. Good rooms and friendly early breakfast from 7am make it a good choice for business trips to this area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!