Located fairly centrally it's not a bad location. No queues at reception, warm welcome and helpful staff. Some free drinks and canapés in reception on arrival too. Check in was quick and straightforward, although there was a waiver to sign if you want gym or pool access.
Room was a very good size, bed very comfortable with good bedding. Shower only in the room I had, but good big shower room. Double wardrobes, safe, kettle etc, desk.
A bit plus was a power socket next to the bed. Very handy for charging phone or using laptop.
Free wifi was a bonus.
Lighting, as with many hotels, was a little dull. All very nice, but one big bright light in the middle of the ceiling can be useful at times.
Pool was nice enough, functional, warm and clean.
Room was a little cool on arrival, did warm up with fan on full power, but too noisy to leave on all evening.
Worst bit was the TV. Not a freeview TV with limited channels, which is OK, but it was very difficult to use, taking ages to change channels, impossible guide. Eventually gave up in frustration. Was quite a modern TV, but obviously setup for limited hotel use.
Breakfast was typical buffet style with plenty of choice. Hash browns were under cooked, and bacon could have done with longer to give it some colour (and more taste). Eggs were good. Coffee just ok. Service was prompt and friendly.
Finally to taxis. The hotel is located on a short dual carriageway between two roundabouts. There is a layby in front of the hotel. In rush hour depending on where you want to go, you may have to queue down to the roundabout, and then queue all the way back up again, clocking up a fair having gone nowhere! Also, taxi drivers didn't check they were picking up the right person so you find someone has taken your taxi and then have to call again. Bit of a pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury 4 star Bristol hotel in the City Centre. Just 10 minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station and 20 minutes drive from Bristol International Airport. Located within minutes of Broadmead shopping centre, Cabot Circus and Bristol harbour. 275 en-suite rooms, the stylish Phoenix restaurant and bar, fitness suite, swimming pool and spa. WiFi wireless Internet access available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Mercure Holland Hotel Bristol
- Accor Holland Hotel Bristol