“Tidy rooms and close to harbour side” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Tidy rooms and close to harbour side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A simple hotel chain that provides clean, simple rooms at a reasonable price. Good location for theatre, pubs and restaurants. Near enough to be part of the action but far enough away not to be bothered by noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, June 27, 2013

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely hotel very clean and well worth the money, great location close to restaurants and bars and not too far from the shopping centres either,

I was expecting there to be a lot of noise given the location and volume of hen and stag parties I saw in the hotel, but did not hear a thing, everyone was really friendly including the guests

Would stay here again, only thing I would want is bigger towels, but that is the same in all hotels, wish hotels had bath sheets

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we got to Bristol we were having trouble finding the hotel, so I rang them for directions. They guy I spoke to was very unhelpful and so he put me on hold whilst 'putting me through to a colleague'. I was on hold for 5 minutes before I got cut off.

We eventually found the hotel and when I mentioned about being cut off when asking for directions, the guy barely even acknowledged the fact that I said anything to him, let alone apologised.

The booking email said that they look forward to welcoming us to the hotel, but I think we had about 3 words spoken to us and that was just to take our money. No 'welcome' 'thank you' or 'enjoy your stay'.

The room was nice and clean and the hotel is very central, but the staff we rude and it would be put me off using Ibis again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We will look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel some time in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel room very pleasant, roomy,clean, bed large and comfy. Staff were helpful and welcoming.
Would have liked free wifi, but the cost of the room was good so can't complain.
We expected noise during the night but had none, issues that other guests had, but I stopped on a Sunday so presume the noise was worse Friday and Saturday, but if you choose a hotel in the middle of a bar area you should expect noise.
Close enough to The Bristol Hippodrome to walk to. Will definately use the hotel again.

Dear Guest,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we are glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything was good except for the mattress topper,which made the bed a little uncomfortable. Service was very good, location was excellent for our purposes, breakfast was excellent, the room was very suitable for our needs & we most probably will use this hotel the next time we are in Bristol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel & staff were welcoming, rooms were comfortable. Food was good for value, well presented. Few areas of disappointment no carpark, short walk to car park across the road. Restricted free view channels & NO free wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate your feedback and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A well located Ibis that is typical of the hotel chain - simple and clean. Normally I would award a higher overall score but this time there were hen parties, leading to night-time noise, slow reception service when booking in, and higher than normal room rates.

I found the much vaunted new design of bed a disappointment. It and the pillows were comfortable, but the material covering the mattress made me perspire uncomfortably, leading to poor sleep quality.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we have taken note of your comments.

Operations Manager

Been to Ibis Bristol Centre? Share your experiences!