“Good value, good service, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Bristol
London, United Kingdom
“Good value, good service, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Excellent budget hotel. Friendly staff. Good rooms. Decent breakfast until around 10:30 and didn't close it all up immediately so people were still getting hot food until after 11 and continental til 12. Brilliant location for night life and reasonable parking right outside. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2011
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your feedback.
Your comment about the time of checking in is taken into account and we will try our best to improve the organisation of our week-ends.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
gloucestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

A perfectly acceptable stay - room clean and well-designed for efficiency in the limited space. The rate for booking in advance over the internet was good value for money. I was not able to check in at the advertised time of 12 noon, and had to wait for 45 minutes for a room to become available. Breakfast was a little disappointing: the usual cooked items with sausages which had sat too long under the heat lamps, not good value. A minor point, but I was glad to see them trust the guests with proper hangers in the wardrobe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
I ll make sure those are communicated to the staff.

All the best.
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

location could not be beaten,...r eally when I saw some of the other more expensive hotels in locations I would not have wanted to stay in. Was close to everything.. surrounded by loads of great restaurants and bars. Fab for familes, next to Science centre and Aquarium. Tesco just round corner.. where we got croissants for our breakfast :).. now the room was very very basic.. and you needed two pillows to sleep, toilet tiny...BUT I stayed for 4 nights and paid only £29 a night for two... SO THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT FOR MONEY! Wouldnt have paid £60 though.... def not worth that. Our Key never worked on first and last night and we were a good treck from reception.. the French staff were very unhelpful...yet the english staff were lovely....... service was pretty Dire on arrival from a very snippy French woman.... who insisted my key card was OK when it wouldnt let me in the room!! Would come back .. but for location and centrality only NOT for service.. Budget hotel shouldnt mean unhelpful service from French staff. . Stayed in Novotels and never experienced such bad service.........

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I am glad to see you were pleased with the discount you received.
I will pass on the messages to the team to make sure we increase our servies.

Best regards
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

There was urine on the toilet seat and a nice skid mark in the bowl of the toilet of the room I moved in to. This was the second room I tried as the first was so noisy I think it was actually IN the airconditioning plant. The corridors were dirty, with a slightly cleaner trail down the middle where people had walked.

The breakfast was hideous. I had pre-paid for breakfast for my four night stay, but after the first day of cold and dried up sausage and bacon with stale bread, and a hot drinks dispenser that shot coffee into every cup of tea I tried to make, I went elsewhere.

I have stayed in places like this before - but they were hostels in the dodgier areas of cities - and they didn't charge seventy quid a night for bed and breakfast.

Never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ibismanager, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

I do apologise about the bad experience you had with us, I can assure you those are not the usual standards.

I will be investigating to find out the why behind about this.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in better circumpstances.

Best Regards
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We booked this Hotel as it was a stones throw from our Meeting Venue. We could not have done better in terms of comfort, convenience and value for money. Really well placed in the Heart of the Harbourside area, clean and comfy and we LOVED the 'time capsule' bathroom. OK the carpet HAD seen better days and had all the stains to prove it - but we had taken slippers !! Staff were all very attentive and we would not hesitate in using this Hotel again as it was very accessible by train/bus and car, and the whole of Bristol was at your doorstep, yet we were set back in a lovely, mainly Pedestrianised, area.

Room Tip: Ask Staff for what you want eg extra pillows etc.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review.
Your comments about the carpets do make sense, and we plan to include the renewal of the floor on our next refurbishment plan.

I hope we will welcome you again soon in Ibis Bristol Harbourside.

All the best
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We chose this hotel for a 2 night stay as we were visiting friends near Bristol. Location is excellent, right next to the Millennium Square. We got good rates (secret is to choose basic room THEN as the booking process continues, there could be cheap rates on the extras eg Breakfast for £3.75 which IMHO was not worth the £7.50 via all-in-one method booking). Bathroom was really chic (I'd like one please) but was let down because the basin drain was rather blocked, and smelly when emptying. I mentioned this when we checked out - hope the manager does something about it (room 357). I felt standards could have been generally higher but OK for budget status. There are 2 car parks nearby that will give concessionary rates; multi storey is cheaper but in both cases, leave car park before 1000 each day to save £££££s.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, your comments are very valuable.

I do take good note of your comments and we are currently looking for other solution to solve the smell of the bathroom.

Thanks again for your feedback, I hope we will have the chance to see you again in Ibis Bristol Centre.

Best Regards

Been to Ibis Bristol Centre? Share your experiences!