“Very pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was part of the swarm of parents and teenagers descending on Bristol for the University Open Day on 14 Sept so I chose the Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway so that we could catch the University Bus from the Mall park & ride on Saturday morning.

When we finally arrived late on Friday 13th (!) we were tired and hungry so checked in, dumped our stuff in the room and headed for the restaurant which was full, unsurprisingly, of parents with teenagers descending on Bristol for the University Open Day! Despite this, the waitress service was attentive and efficient and the food was much better than I was expecting and I really enjoyed my chicken burger.

Our room was clean and comfortable enough, although our 'twin beds' skidded sideways every time we sat down on them! We were tired so we slept well. In the morning the shower was powerful and maintained a good temperature but the bathroom steamed up and stayed very hot while we were trying to get our makeup on! The buffet breakfast next day was also fine and kept us full until late afternoon.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable a Premier Inn could be. If I'm back in Bristol, I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tracey J, General Manager at Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel here at Cribbs Causeway.

We are glad to hear we could offer just what you needed during your visit to Bristol. It's good to hear that our restuarant exceeded your expectations, and I hope you enjoyed tasting our new menu.

We hope you enjoyed visiting Bristol, and your daughter chose the right university for her.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just returned from a weekend with a large group at Premier inn Cribbs having used Premier inns before and all said the accommodation was up to the usual good standard and excellant value that we have come to expect from Premier inns. The food in the attached Thyme restuarant was well cooked and presented, however when told by some of the party that they had to wait a very long time for the food to arrive, we chose to miss the starters and go straight to the main course and it still took 2 and a quarter hours to get our meal which only consisted of their gourmet burger followed by chocolate sundae. This meant that by the time the ice cream had arrived my young daughter was so tired she didn't enjoy it. To sum up great hotel, good food, shame about the service

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bakewell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staying here is always a pleasure and I do stay a lot, so excited to see new Items on the menu however, disappointed to be told of items not available but I thought I would try a new item as a main..... not a good choice to have the "Hot Dog" it was unpleasant, cold and covered in too much cheese, mustard etc. and the roll was very soggy to say the least and did not agree with me at 3.00am in the morning.

On a good note, Most of the staff are great, and as usual Rachael the waitress at breakfast is so helpful, happy and friendly she is like a breath of fresh air. Whitbread take note as this lady could teach some of your other younger staff what customer service and care is all about.

LEEDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

stayed 1 night on the way to Cornwall on bank holiday friday .Despite being very busy and a bank holiday we booked the room/ evening meal and breakfast package and had no complaints--indeed the value for money was very good -- would certainly recommend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here last year and it was good then. Only stayed for one night this time. Alas did not get a chance to sample the restaurant as working nights but the menu seems to have improved since last year. Good offering for veggies, halloumi is all over the menu which is always a good thing. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms lovely and clean. Walking distance to the shopping center and if you have a good pair of walking legs its even possible to walk the 4 miles to Bristol parkway station in an hour. Top notch breakfast. Excellent coffee. Can't fault Premmier Inn. Easy check out and they have a couple of the check in machines so quick check in as well.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be bigger ones, ooh err missus.
All over the UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

They say first impressions count…….well all the receptionist seemed to want to do here was direct me to the automated check in screens. I arrived and I waited in line (behind one person) to speak to the receptionist she without even acknowledging me barked "Checking In, Just type your Surname in on the screen" I explained I wanted to check my booing as it was prepaid. She then after dealing with a customer confirmed my booking and then barked again “, Just type your Surname in on the screen “I then wanted to purchase internet, so I then had to queue again to purchase internet as it was not available on the automated screens!! I then asked “EMMA” why she could not check me in and her obnoxious reply “I have to go through 3 or four screens, and the automatic check in screens are quicker, well Emma, I would like to point out you also have to go through that many screens on the automated process, then stand again and wait to speak to you so in my opinion it’s not a quick process!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that we will investigate your feedback with the Management Team directly. Your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent stay.Friendly stuff,Great rooms with comfortable beds,child friendly

Had breakfast and food quality was very good and stuff helping out with extras were excellent particularly one very kind Ukrainian waitress.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Been to Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway? Share your experiences!