“Stayed two nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway

You added Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway to your Saves list
Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol BS10 7TQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Bristol
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Stayed two nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First time visit to this premier Inn for 2 nights. Overall the stay was OK for short visit but I wouldn't recommend to stay more than a night or two.

Arrival and check-in
Staff were friendly and welcoming. The car park is not quite big enough for the hotel but it does state this on the chains web site. Check-in was quite straight forward but could be a bit daunting if you don't like check in machines. Can't really see the point of 3 staff standing in reception and 3 machines. You might as well have a desk with 3 staff.

Restaurant
Had dinner in the restaurant the first night including a "Full house" burger. It tasted OK and was well presented but nothing above average in taste. Price wise I thought it was expensive for what I got. However food arrived quickly and service was good. Second night I visited the Harvester across the road which was really quite good and slightly better value.

Accommodation
The room on the first floor at the very end of the corridor was clean and tidy and better than many hotels I have stayed in. TV and all items were in good state of repair and everything worked and looked cared for.
My first nights sleep was not 100 % OK as I found the beds are not quite a standard size i.e slightly less than 6ft6inch in length. For tall persons this is really irritating as your feet can hang over the edge. For a hotel that claims that the beds are one of the best things its a huge disappointment. This somewhat ruined my first nights sleep. Width wise the beds are huge so I suppose you can sleep the other way or diagonally.

On the second night I was disturbed by another guest walking about his/her room. As far as I could tell as he or she went in and out of the bathroom area above the floor above gave out a very loud squeaky noise. Again there seems to have been little thought about sound proofing and good construction when putting the hotel up.

Breakfast
Breakfast looked nice and was explained by staff where things were which is better than many hotels. However the gentleman opposite my table pointed out that the orange juice had black bits in. The hotel staff investigated and removed my glass of juice and took the juice off the breakfast serving area. But the staff did bring me some new juice very quickly which I thought was good. Second morning breakfast was quite busy by the time I left at 8 AM which I think some could find a trial if staying for leisure rather than business.

Summary
In summary bar the few problems I rate it above travel lodge. However the bed issue given the Lenny Henry TV advert is a real disappointment for a person of my size. The noise issue would also put me off staying for any length of time.

Room Tip: You can't choose a room as far as I can tell but if you can avoid the ground floor and rooms nea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this hotel as a base for a shopping trip to Bristol as it had easy access to Cribbs Causeway and was cheaper than city centre hotels. We have stayed in many Premier Inns and this was one of the better ones. Clean, spacious roms with good temperature control. The only negative was that the restaurant seemed a little small related to the number of rooms and although this is probably ok in the week when being used by business travellers it was a little chaotic on a Sunday morning when everyone had chosen to eat at the same time. That said the staff were working hard to keep up.
Based on our experience I cannot understand recent negative reviews, there appears to be a hint of disgruntled ex-employee about some of them!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would pay more to stay in a Premier Inn then a Travelodge. As more of Premier Inn have a restaurant. Bed are comfortable, Lots of pillows. Rooms are nice and clean.Family Friendly. Close to shopping Mall. Would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My room was spacious, clean and tidy. Bathrooms on the other hand can be cleaner!
I also like the automation of the check-in .. very convenient addition!
and the locations is just superb!
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked the hotel on line as I had passed it several times on the way to the M5 so I thought it was easy to get to ....but NO. I had to take 2 trips round the near by island and a tour round the adjacent industrial estate before I found the entrance. Then at night it was confusing driving through the adjoined housing estate to the hotel. When at last I reached reception .. 8.30 pm I was looking for a freindly face but the desk was not attended. Eventually the receptionist appeared only to question my booking in a voice that could be heard by all and then did not explain how to get to my room.

Tired I reached the room at the end of a long corridor after struggling through 2 interim key opened doors with my bags thinking never again but the eventual room was clean, warm and comfortable. That was until the next door room was occupied by kids under 7 and I was surprised how much I could hear. Fortunately I am an excellent sleeper and the bed was fabulous.

I wanted an early breakfast as I had to be on the road for 7am (the reason for my stay) but no breakfast was available till 7am so I skipped this. Tea and coffee in the room were welcome but I could have done with a biscuit.

The soap is in a wall attached container which is OK but the soap is such poor quality that each area of my body had to be soaped 5 or 6 times. Not so good.

The free WiFI for 30 min each day was enough for me to catch up on the day and this applies for 2 days if you are just staying for one night! and the location next to the motorway plus the large car park. Without these I would not stay here .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Usually stay away from chain hotels but very pleasantly surprised. Two nights the beds are very comfortable, rooms spotlessly clean . Contemporary furnishings all to a high standard. Staff friendly and welcoming very close to shopping centre. Would definitely recommend .

• Stayed November 2012
Somerset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having returned to this hotel on a number of occasions for a weekend breakfast, my last couple of visits were really disappointing. Maybe it's because the really nice lady who used to be in attendance appears to have left and the standards have dropped? I don't know.
Anyway, poached eggs are no longer nice - last time, they were served on a dripping wet plate and had those horrible brown bits everywhere on the egg white. The last few mouthfuls were returned to a serviette as it was rubbery and spoilt by large amounts of vinegar - evidence of a poor cook.
Hash browns were soggy and flat, so the other good part of the breakfast was ruined. Staff had to be asked to ensure that the coffee machine remained full. And it's about time you took care of the ailing toaster - you know one works fine and the other burns the toast. How about warning guests, or fixing it, or removing it completely?
Highly disappointing when the best meal of the day is completely ruined. Time for a recalibration, I think.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Been to Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway? Share your experiences!