“unbelievable improvement, fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Bristol Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A38 Bridgewater Rd, Cowslip Green | Redhill, Bristol BS40 5RB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 86 hotels in Bristol
Madrid, Spain
“unbelievable improvement, fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Last year I wrote a review for the first time and it wasn't good about this hotel. From the first moment it was published the deputy general manager got in touch with me and the problem was investigated and apologises made and accepted. He convinced me to stay at the Bristol Holiday Inn another time though at first I wasn't sure. Well I'm glad I did! A great guy on the desk who was very helpful even though we arrived at almost midnight.. A lovely waitress at breakfast who couldn't have done more for us. I was made to feel very welcome, smiles everywhere. The Xmas atmosphere was great. lights, trees, complimentary mincepies, an incredible change from last year. We will go back!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DeputyG, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Helen,

Many thanks for taking me up on my offer of returning to our hotel. I was so pleased that you did and that we were able to restore your faith in us.

As you will see we receive lots of positive feedback regarding our staff’s customer service and you have also highlighted them as an integral part of your most recent visit. This pleases me a great deal and I have already shared your comments with the team so that they are aware of their great work.

I’m ever so pleased that you have highlighted all the improvements that we have made and they were illustrated to you so vividly upon your return to us.

Once again, many thanks for giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Jon

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked at this hotel since my flight to Bristol was delayed from Switzerland just before Christmas owing to bad weather in UK. I was pleased to find a shuttle service from the airport to hotel at a reasonable price and although I arrived at 1 am in the morning, the reception staff were very friendly and informative. I was also grateful for a quiet room which was clean and comfortable.The continental breakfast was quite good as well.

Room Tip: Room on back of hotel was quite quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you had the opportunity to use us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed your unexpected visit.

I was pleased to note that you found the room clean, bed comfortable and the staff friendly and informative – your comments have been passed on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I was also pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast offering - this starts at 4am daily for our early bird travellers.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Bridgend, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed Christmas day before our early morning flight.
Brilliant hotel, can not fault it.
We found a parking space easily.
We'd booked Christmas dinner. It was lovely, really tasty & plenty of choice too. The members of staff couldn't do enough for us.
Our room had a big double bed with fluffy pillows.
We didn't have brekkie as our flight was so early.
Easy transfer using their minibus, £7 for 2 instead of £10 tax
We also booked to stay on our return on the night of 01/01/14
We used the complimentary phone next to Smiths at the airport & waited 10 minutes for the minibus to collect us. Again only £7 when the taxi firm were charging £15 for new years day.
Again very efficient service at reception. Straight to our lovely warm room to drop our bags off.
We had a meal in the restaurant. It was beautiful, but 2 courses were abit too much for us.

We used to stay at the fox & goose, but this hotel is so much better all round. Similar prices too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was happy that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and enjoyed your visit.

I was pleased to note that you decided to have Christmas dinner with us and you found it lovely with lots of choice. I was also pleased that you were happy with your experience in the restaurant on your return visit. The restaurant service and food quality is something that we have been placing heavy focus on, so the fact that you enjoyed this a great deal pleases me immensely.

I was also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our great value and efficient shuttle service to and from the airport. You have also highlighted our staff as a positive aspect of your visit – we pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and I am very happy that you found this to be of a very high level.

I have shared all of your comments with the team in order to galvanize them to continue their great work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and potentially for Christmas dinner next year!
Warmest Regards,

plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

a quick overnight stop before we caught our flight early christmas eve. lovely staff nice clean well equipped room good resonably priced room sevice meals , would use again. The shuttle bus was on time and very reasonably priced

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very happy that you decided to stay with us and found our hotel very good.

I was pleased to note that you highlighted our staff as lovely, found the room clean and well equipped and enjoyed good room service meals. These comments have been passed on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed one night as part of a nearby wedding party
The hotel is exactly what you would expect, or hope to get.
Rooms were absolutely adequate - could improve duvet quality and pillows - but the staff were excellent without exception.
Would recommend

• Stayed December 2013
DeputyG, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you used us for your accommodation requirements and enjoyed your visit.

I was pleased that you highlighted our staff as excellent. At the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, we pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and the fact that you felt it necessary to highlight this in your review pleases me a great deal. I have passed on these comments to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their great work.

With regards to the duvets and pillows – this is something that we will deficiently investigate. For future reference, please be advised that on request we offer an array of different pillows varying from synthetic soft to feather firm. Please accept my sincere apologies if this feature was not highlighted to you.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

KILGETTY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here the night before flying from Bristol, we were late arriving night duty manager was absolutely lovely a real credit to the hotel she was helpful and very efficient. Hotel was comfortable and clean, would definitely use again, the shuttle service is very prompt also a great bonus.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was very pleased that you decided to stay with us and you enjoyed a great visit.

I was glad to note that you found our Night Manager a real credit to the hotel and very helpful and efficient. Debbie has been a long standing and loyal member of our team and regularly receives positive feedback regarding her great customer service. I will pass on your comments in order to galvanize her to continue her great work.

I was also pleased to note that you found the hotel very comfortable and clean with a very good shuttle service to the airport. Again, I have passed these comments on to the whole team.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here before a morning flight to Barcelona. Nothing exceptional about the hotel - standard Holiday Inn. The rooms were comfortable and clean as you would expect. We ate in the bar and that was a bit of a disappointment. The burgers we ordered were both undercooked and my wife's in particular looked raw in middle. Her burger was sent back and came back in a more acceptable condition 15 minutes later by which time I had finished mine. No apology was given.

Would I stay there again - probably. Would I eat there again - probably not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements; however I was disappointed to note that you were not fully satisfied with your stay.

I was glad to note that you found the room comfortable and clean and our location was ideal for your needs. These comments have been passed on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

With regards to the situation with the food, I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you in further detail so that I can fully investigate the situation. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly on deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced with the food and service in the bar. I look forward to hearing from you in due course for more information.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Airport? Share your experiences!