“Lovely experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 1,459 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located on Queens road, Clifton our restaurant offers a unique and welcoming environment in which to share life’s best moments with friends and family.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great food, great staff, great place!! I came for the first time on saturday and I really enjoyed it. The food quality is at an up italian standard, it's not such an "italian fake" like in other places in Bristol. Prices are really honest too. I am looking forwad to come back. No doubts, this is the best Italian restaurant I have ever tried in Bristol. I highly reccomend to go.

• Polish first
England
“Bristol's best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having eaten in most of Bristol's best restaurants, my wife and I were seriously impressed by this little gem in Clifton. Other Italians in the vicinity are 'all' chains where you can be rest assured you'll be provided with the same monotonous dishes, the same cheap decor and the same expected lack of atmosphere. Al Bacio, on the other hand provides not only a warm, cosy atmosphere within an elegant surroundings but also simply delicious food of an exceptional standard. And food at very good prices. The Girelle di melenzane with smoked scamorza was excellent and the monkfish pasta perfect. The drinks list was extensive and catered for all occasions. The service was exemplary; the waiters were professional and yet amusing, and all in all we had a superb evening. We're looking forward to going back with friends very soon and eager to try the rest of the menu. Definitely worth visiting!

Bristol
“Best restaurant in Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Italian cook, really high quality food, warm and professional service new place and big portion...and all that with a reasonable price. Simply this is the best restaurant in Bristol.
If you have any special needs just ask!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely little modern italian, great food, great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lovely little Italian, went on a Friday night, was very busy. Ordered oysters which were superb, the wine was superb also. I also had a pizza which was very nice. My girlfriend ordered the sea bass which came deorated with mussels and looked great. The service was very friendly and funny.

I would give the restaurant 4.5 / 5 as I found the manager pushy in saying that we review on tripadvisor. It did not make us feel unique , we felt just like another customer. However the rest of the staff were very nice. Would definitely come again.

Bristol
“Quality Italian in Clifton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you have any doubt about visiting Al Bacio,rest assured, it's not a chain but a genuine independently owned little gem. The welcome is warm, service impeccable and friendly and the food is superb.
Pino and his team are very experienced and it shows, it has a real feel of a contemporary restaurant in Milan or Rome, today was our second visit and we are already booked in for our third.
The food is stylish and authentic which is confirmed by the presence of Italian clientelle (Indeed my husband also having an Italian grandfather.)
Prices are also very reasonable for the high quality ingredients and the kitchen is flexible to individual needs.
I would highly recommend this resturant you will not be disappointed.