“Special lunch taster menu” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Winner of THE BRISTOL GOOD FOOD AWARDS BEST INDIAN 2014 Meluha represents a journey through the senses - owned by Chef Stephen Gomes - Cobra Good Curry Guide Chef of the Year 2007-8, 9-10 and 12-13.The menu perfectly balances authentic Indian dishes, mastered during Chef Stephens training and travels in the sub-continent and experimentation. With molecular cooking techniques Chef Stephen brings spices to life i a profusion of clouds, smoke and foam, perfectly flavoured, absolutely moreish and visually beautifully.Warm friendly service in the lovely setting of Park Street Bristol, Meluha is described by the editor of Flavour Magazine as "Indian fine dining at its very best".
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Special lunch taster menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I took my family (including grandparents and small children) for a sunday lunch. Over more than 2 hours our hosts provided a succession of very special treats, really beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Absolutely delicious and will cure you of any thoughts that Indian food is simply meat and spicy gravy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Richmond, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went here with our Son & Daughter in law and had an amazing time and meal.
On arrival we were given a drink, the place was beautiful, we were seated straight away , the staff were friendly and the food was amazing and what we could not eat it all but they packaged it up to take home.
we would go back in a heart beat brilliant brilliant night wonderful.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Indian Fine Dining with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Myself and 4 friends went to Meluha to celebrate a friends birthday.
Not being a huge fan of "fine dining" whilst my friends enjoyed the 5 course taster menu (which, by the way, they all raved about - if you like fusion foods and interesting combinations, and surprises, this is the menu for you!) I opted for the less adventurous Lamb Shank Rogan Josh and boiled rice - the meat practically melted off the bone and the rogan josh sauce was very tasty and not too spicy!

But what I was most impressed about was the service - even though we were there at peak time on a Saturday evening, the staff were the most attentive out of any restaurant I have ever been to - the owner personally introduced herself and made sure that we were ok throughout the evening - they even presented a birthday cake at the end of the meal which added a lovely touch, although we were all so stuffed we left most of it for the staff to hopefully enjoy!

Would definitely recommend for a special occasion and will be repeating my visit soon!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian fine dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to Meluha for my partners birthday and tried the 5 course taster menu. I will leave the menu itself as a surprise but you will not be disappointed. the service was great and we felt well looked after. They also made a birthday cake for my partner which was presented at the end of the end of the meal. If you are looking for a unique fine dining experience look no further.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was mine and my husband's second visit to Meluha but the first visit for our family. We recommended it to them as we were celebrating a 60th birthday and a business school graduation so wanted to go somewhere special. And it was definitely special! The staff were incredible and attentive, and they even gave us a couple of treats we weren't expecting as they knew we were celebrating. The food was delicious and looked fantastic, and the chef even came out a couple of times to say hello and check on my husband's order as he wanted his extra hot. In fact my husband liked the naga pickle that the chef made for him so much, that the chef gave him a little pot to take home! I had the chicken tikka, which is obviously a standard indian restaurant meal, but this was really different. The chicken wasn't dry and worked oddly and brilliantly well with the tikka masala ice cream, and there was a perfect amout of sauce which was kept separate. The green tea rice is to die for, as is the rose and chocolate ice cream. Everyone really enjoyed their meals (everyone ordered something different) and they helped us with the menu as we had a vegetarian and a gluten-free person.

I would definitely recommend Meluha as a special occasion restaurant, in fact before we left we made another booking for another birthday!

All in all, delicious food and top notch service, in fact I don't think I've ever had such good service before.