“Try the Black Stone Eggs!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wales
“Try the Black Stone Eggs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I went here recently for brunch following a recommendation from a friend who lived nearby and it really did not disappoint! Friendly service, sensible prices and a lovely, really tasty meal. Intend to drop in again the next time I'm in the area :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stroud
“always reliable - good food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

really good no nonsense cafe with great staff and good value food. Children are made welcome and it is a good place for a family meal. There is a good range of coffees and teas as well as a fantastic all day breakfast menu, small plates of food and larger mains. We have always felt welcome and nothing seems too much trouble for the staff- highly recommended

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I have regular business meetings here - cool location in a good spot of Bristol....ah hem...."Clifton"!! Very friendly and welcoming. Great coffee and grub to match - have no reason to look anywhere else as I am a creature of habit and this suits me to the ground. Well done

“Child-friendly and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have visited Cafe 59 on two occasions recently. Once for a coffee and snack with my 2 year old and once for lunch with a friend. First time, great coffee and they comped the drink for my 2 year old - how kind of them! So, I was already a fan after that experience. The second visit confirmed it for me. I had the calamari, and it was quite simply the best calamari I have ever had. Large portion and cooked to perfection. Very reasonable prices and large outdoor patio should we ever have any nice weather again. I've heard the pancakes are outstanding, looking forward to trying those soon. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Country, near Bristol
“No room at the Canteen was a blessing in disguise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We needed a spontaneous late lunch and hoped we'd either snag a late table at the newly opened River Station Canteen in Whiteladies Road, or be able to enjoy a bar snack there, at least. So we parked in Apsley Road and walked around the corner, only to be disappointed: no tables and no gluten free option among the cakes available as bar food. I'd noticed Cafe 59 across the road from our parking space and suggested we give it a try. Luckily, they were happy to accommodate the three of us.
We spent some time looking at the menu - which was full of delicious sounding temptations of Mediterranean and middle eastern dishes. I decided on the current meal deal, choosing monk fish with pomegranate and puy lentils and the flour free chocolate Turkish delight,cake. My son had lamb skewers and a brownie with ice cream while my husband had the breakfast dish of tomatoes with middle eastern sausages so enjoyed by Danny A. We found the food and the atmosphere in this cafe really excellent and were grateful for the happy accident that led us to its door. We will certainly return to this friendly restaurant soon.

• Visited March 2013