“"Fun filled Magical night" !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 146 Nightlife in Bristol
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Smoke & Mirrors is the UK's only Boutique Magic Theatre & Pub. Located in the heart of the theatre district. It's the recently opened bar that's already making a splash on Bristol's nightlife. Owner Mark Bennett's ambition was to create a place that offers a slightly more structured evening of magic than its sister venue. Smoke & Mirrors has its own intimate pub theatre holding around 50 people sitting comfortably at their own prebooked tables. There are great magic acts every weekend and once a month you can be wowed by specially booked acts featuring some of the most talented magicians in the world - all from a privileged position just metres from the stage. There's also a separate bar in which the drink and live music flow freely. Smoke & Mirrors bar is open to the public six days a week from 3pm, and when the theatre is not in use it's the perfect venue for corporate or private events in a unique, inspirational location.
Bristol
“"Fun filled Magical night" !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Smoke and Mirrors, what a top place.
The two Magicians/Comedians were great, so funny and clever, they both keep you guessing all night.
After the shows we headed in the pub for live music which was great and table Magicians were amazing, lovely staff.
Fantastic alround night, looking forward to going back, you wont be disapointed.

Visited June 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Kieron the Mighty was brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My second time visiting Smoke and Mirrors! aaah LOVE this place!!! Such a great night out! This and Illusions are 2 reasons that i'm glad I live in Bristol! The staff are lovely! shows are great! drinks are reasonable, especially with the location being right in the centre and there's even live music at the weekend to keep you entertained after the show has finished. I watched Mark Roberts and Kieron the Mighty. Great stuff! Kieron was awesome! Never fails to amaze me with his tricks! I always bring my friends and family to meet him when they come to Bristol because I know his jaw dropping tricks will leave them feeling completely exhilerated! Really keeps you guessing and I often find myself thinking about the tricks days later! He always makes everyone feel really special and gives every type of stage and close up magic a personal touch. No 2 shows are the same. It's always a guaranteed laugh as well and his banter with the crowd is excellent! Magic is certainly not dead!! The magicians at these shows really are top notch and it's such a reasonable entry price for the whole evening experience! This is definitely Bristol's best kept secret!! :D

Visited May 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“A real reason to return to Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I don't get to go to Bristol enough in the evening, but this alone would be a reason to change plans. A great location for a drink and so different with entertainment rather than the usual high priced drinks from the national companies. Would return again and again. My wife loved it and thought it was so different.

Visited February 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“"Kieron The Mighty"......Just Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited this brilliant venue last night for an evening of Magic. The bar itself was intimate and cosy, and all the staff were really friendly (and remembered your drinks order throughout the night!)
A little after 8 o'clock we were invited in to a small stage room at the back of the bar to start our evening of magic entertainment.
The evening was billed at Dee Christopher as the main act with Kieron The Mighty as his supporting act.
To be honest i would happily pay to see both acts as 'Headline' Acts, they were both brilliant!
We had seen Kieron entertain us with his close-up magic on a Wednesday night at The Clifton.
I wondered how his intimate, very close up style of magic would transfer to a larger audience and a 'stage' environment. However, i have to say his magic was as powerful, mind boggling and personal as it was when he was sitting at our table performing in the pub.
Kieron's magic was once again AWESOME! .....and he entertained the audience with his wit and quirkiness, leaving us all wanting more.....and as for the "Fruit Trick".....well....jaw dropping!
The total cost of 2 hours of entertainment was £8!! Such a bargain....we will definitely be visiting again and will be signing up for future dates!
Watch this magician! He will go far!!
Well done to to you all for giving us a really refreshingly brilliant night out!

Visited February 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Absolute magic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

A briliant mix of cosy bar and mind boggling magic. Just went to see dee christopher and fr only 8 pounds had hours of some of the best closeup stage magic I've seen with a great selection of real ales to keep me company. This is soon ti become a regular haunt for kyself and I would advise anyone to come around the back of rhe hippodrome and find yourself flabbergasted.