“Birthday Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Holt, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having had this restaurant recommended by my daughter, I was expecting quite a place and I was not disappointed. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

I have eaten in a couple of these sort of restaurants where there is a variety of cuisines and "eat as much as you want". This one is the best by quite a long distance. Why? The food was good with some different takes, including Caribbean and Sushi. Most importantly, the place didn't have the atmosphere of a feeding frenzy that is sometimes the case.

The fixed price is reasonable. But....do not go crazy to start and fill up too quickly! Pace yourself to get your money's worth!

Good for a group and also for families.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Stroud
“Very Happy Children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Took three under 12s and three adults for a mid afternoon nosh up at this bizarre food emporium. Would not say any of the food was realy good but there is a wide range of everything from Indian to freshly cooked risotto, salads to ice cream and chocolate fountain help yourself heaven. Eating before 5pm meant we spent just under £60 for us all with drinks, and alcoholis reasonably priced as well as an appropriate beer/wine softie for each continent. Would not like to pay the evening prices of £17 per adult, but cheap afternoon was value for money.........not that bothered about returning although the kids have talked of nothing else!

Bristol
“Not the best.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you like buffets then this is the place for you. There is a wide choice of cuisines but not that many dishes for each one and these seemed to be more vegetable dishes than meat dishes. The choice is varied ranging from Chinese Capital Pork and Chicken Tikka Masala to Full English Breakfast and Roast Beef. The food is hot and plentiful and the drinks service is quick and reasonably priced. The place was very busy when we were there, 6pm on Sunday, and be prepared to be asked to leave 75 minutes into your meal; but to be honest you don't need more time and it is not somewhere to sit and chat. The place is very noisy and very fast and I did feel as though I had to run everywhere. There was a wide choice of desserts but all quite tasteless so probably best to avoid those. Not the best, in my opinion, but worth a visit to see what all the fuss is about but I don't think I'll be back.

Bristol
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was not looking forward to a visit here, but it was for a birthday meal and it was not my choice.

We were booked in at 7pm on a Friday night and it was already very busy.
We were shown to our table quickly and it took no time till we could get some food.

The choice is huge and even for a veggie you will not go hungry.
My favorites were the dosa and the curries, but all the food I eat was of a decent standard.
This is the sort of place that large groups/families will have no trouble eating at and the children seemed to love the place.

Service was fine and our table was cleared quicker of empty plates.
we had some vouchers which let us eat for £10 instead of the normal £17 and other people seemed to have them as well, so try and get them if you can.

Overall I was surprised how good it was and it's worth giving it a try for something different.
One thing suggest is do not go here drunk, as you most likely will end up running over a child, as they use it as a play ground as well.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“All you can eat from all parts of the world kids loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a Sunday 5pm with our 2 boys who loved the whole experience. I found the atmosphere to be very canteen like but the choice of food makes up for it. This is the largest seating restaurant in the UK which is busy even at that time.

You have a choice of European, Indian, Mexican or Asian foods, from Sushi to burgers something for everyone. My boys tried a lot of new foods, Chinese mussels scallops and more which I was pleased about. They didn't even pick any chips as there was so much choice. Kids also loved the chocolate fountain, soft ice cream, jellies & cakes!

Some food is cooked to your taste but there's a queue and the salad bar slightly let me down. However you can definitely find something tasty from all sections and I liked the fact that the cooks came from the region they are cooking for.

The main problem is limiting yourself!!!

We paid £50 including a pint of drink each which I thought was a real bargain. We'll definitely come again albeit on a warmer day as it was freezing inside!

Good for birthday parties too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food