“Great authentic Indian” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great authentic Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

As far as Indian restaurants in Bristol this is an excellent example.
We went as an international group, including some Indians.
Everyone loved it.
Great value too. Will return when in Bristol!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Swansea
“Unexpected gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the strength of TripAdvisor reviews, and wasn't disappointed. Don't be put off by the appearance from the outside - not the most salubrious of neighbourhoods- but the food and welcome were outstanding. The non-vegetarian coronation starter was superb shared between two. Main courses were also excellent, and drinks were reasonably priced. What sets this place apart, though, is the welcome and friendliness of all staff. Worth searching out - it took us less than 20 minutes walk from the Mercure Brigstow Hotel in the centre of Bristol where we were staying

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just another 5* review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Curry houses across Britain have become stagnant- they provide the exact same menu's and have basically stopped trying. This place has not. Interesting innovative menu, and great service. I recommend you try the vegetarian starter for two- absolutely delicious.

I was intrigued before going that this place has a couple of bad reviews, and I had wondered if the guy who said something like "people think this place is good because of the fun service, but the food is average" was correct, but he absolutely is not. He must've been really unlucky or something, because the service was only outdone by the excellent food. Maybe you need to go at 6:45pm on a Tuesday like me to get the chef's full attention, but by all accounts I couldn't possibly give this place less than 5*.

Oh and one more thing...maybe mention that you saw this place on tripadvisor and the boss might think you might give them 5* and you might get two free cheesecakes for dessert...

• Visited February 2013
Chester
“Fantastic Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

What a lovely surprise. We walked in and all but 2 tables were reserved, lucky we arrived early. Within 20 mins the place was full. Make sure you book if you are going on a thurs, fri or sat night as you might not be as lucky as us to get a table. The meal was delightful. We didn't order a starter as we are usually so over faced with food in curry houses however regretted this decision as we could have eaten more as it was just so tasty and we had walked there from the other side of town. The staff were lovely, super friendly and very informative about the dishes. I would certainly go again and would recommend to anyone.

Really made our trip.

• Visited December 2012
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Legendary food with legendary staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I decided to try out this lovely gem of Bristol under recommendation from many of my friendd and this website. Frankly the hype is worth it, I can see why this is the best curry house in Bristol!

My partner, her father (birthday boy) and I went to celebrate another fine year of being on this earth. It was an absolute pleasure. Staff are attenetive and polite and always willing to take their time to help you out, something you don't get in everyday curry houses. The food itself was beautiful and delicious. We had the non-veg and veg platter for starter just to get a taste of what the Coronation Curry House was all about and simply put, its all about FLAVOUR! The salmon tikka blew me away and the onion onion bhaji's were delicious. The main meal was epic as well serving spicy food with actual flavour, not just a chilli induced coma. You felt yourself battling to take another bite even when you were full!

I can't say enough about the food or the people. Once my coffers are refilled with the sound of coins I shall be returning, for a meal or take away, to indulge my taste buds yet again.

• Visited January 2013