“Not bad for the price but missing a certain something” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North

You added Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   New Road | Bristol Parkway Business Park, Bristol BS34 8TJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Not bad for the price but missing a certain something”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip at the end of October. Check in should have been easy but due to a mis-communication by my work's hotel booking service I had a nasty shock at reception. This though was helpfully resolved by reception staff and not a fault of the hotel. Conveniently located close to the M32 and M5 the majority of the clients are there for business reasons and this hotel is more than adequate for that. I wouldn't want to bring my family here but that's clearly not the demographic they are aimed at.
The room was more than adequate with plenty of space. I would have liked some drawers to be able to put my 'smalls' out of sight but that's no real issue. The room was mostly clean but a bit more attention to detail would be nice (I found a drinks bottle top by the side of the bed and a clump of long blonde hairs on the bed throw).
Plenty of wall sockets made charging devices easy but it would be nice to have one by the side of the bed. I do wish room cleaners wouldn't automatically change towels as I'm more than happy to keep a towel for two nights, please address this Holiday Inn.
There are two Wi-Fi options available, a free limited bandwidth and a pay per day high bandwidth option. You pay your money (or not for low bandwidth) and you make your choice. I'm writing this review on the free option so it's more than good enough for general surfing, emails and social media.
There is no restaurant but there are takeaway options available (best bet though is to walk across the car park to the excellent Fox Den Inn which does superb food). A well stocked bar was welcome but odd considering no food and a pub next door!
Simple but satisfactory continental breakfast suited me but the cooked breakfast was poor in both variety and I was told quality.
In summary this hotel is perfect for short stay business but not really suited for families.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Iain, Thank you for your recent comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that there was some housekeeping issues in your room when you checked in. I have spoken with the housekeeping manager to ensure that this will not happen again. The housekeeping team do not usually change the towels unless they are not left on the towel rail in the bathroom, but again I have spoken to the housekeeping manager so that we can retrain the team if needed. I am pleased that you found the free Wi-Fi helpful. We offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting Bristol. Whilst out of town the hotel is well placed and only a short drive along M32 to the city centre.

We were greeted at reception without delay and found our room clean and comfortable on the third floor. Breakfast was a busy affair as the hotel was full on this Saturday night however the selection was poorer in comparison with other hotel offerings. That said for the price we paid it was difficult to fault.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HobartEssex, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad that you found the room comfortable, our housekeeping team work very hard to keep the rooms to a high standard. I will pass on your comments. I am sorry that breakfast was busy on Sunday morning. When the hotel is at full capacity it can be busy, but the team work hard to make it an enjoyable experience. I do hope you visit again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a very pleasant one day stay here and found the Hotel offered us great accommodation.
Our room was spacious and it was nice to get four pillows !
The only problem we had was finding the entrance to the Hotel - when we did it was worth the effort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Coreyboy, I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you struggled to find the entrance to the hotel, at present we are working with the local council so that we can put some signage up, but currently unable to do so. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager.
Shropshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here due to the close location to a work meeting. The refurbished rooms which are nice, comfy and airy. The breakfast is help yourself buffet style but not full cooked - just a choice of fruit, make yourself toast, yoghurt and pastries with some very poor scrambled egg and sausages.

No restaurant just a very small bar so extremely overpriced for £105 a night - unnecessarily increased due to the popularity of the location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dawn, Thank you for your review. I am glad that you liked our newly refurbished rooms. We offer a free continental breakfast with some hot options to all our guests. Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant for dinner but we are located next to the Fox Den pub which serves food until 10pm daily. Our prices can somtimes be higher than other Holiday Inn Express hotels due to our location but we offer very competitive rates in line with the surrounding hotels in the area. I do hope you will visit us again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just what we needed stayed here as used all our points and this is cheaper than Holiday Inn with breakfast included. The rooms were great looked brand new but I can see a makeover has been done. We ate at the food let across the road which was nice after a long day at cheddar. The staff were lovely special thank you to Angela Jamie and Natasha directed me to cheddar and also gave extra stuff for our room as we left the do not disturb sign on our door forgot to remove when we went out for the day. Nothing seemed to much trouble for them. Great stop over on our way back to spend a few days with family before we depart home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Tim, Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have had a recent refurbishment and we are very proud of our newly decorated rooms. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the team. The team take great pride in their role and will be delighted to hear your comments. I do hope you visit the hotel again in the future.
Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Trezzano sul Naviglio, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Average hotel; clean, quite and calm. There is not a frigobar in the room, but there is something at the reception and it is not really cheap (0.5 l bottle cost £1.5 sparkling /£1.6 still = €1.8 sparkling /€ 2.2 still), fortunately there is a big supermarket nearby. there is no restaurant and pubs/grill pubs are at 30 min walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Panzer_net, Thank you for your feedback. We do have vending facilities in the hotel at a reasonable cost. We are located opposite a big supermarket also. Next door to the hotel is the Fox Den pub which serves food daily until 10pm. We appreciate your comments and I do hope you visit the hotel again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley. Deputy General Manager
whitstable
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

'Does what it says on the tin!'

We used this hotel as a stopping point overnight on our journey from Kent to Cornwall. It was easy to find, not far from the motorway. It was Sunday night; the price was good, the room quiet and clean and the complimentary breakfast prepared us well for a long drive south and west.

Good value.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room away from a lift