I checked into the Novatel after I found it conveniently located near the railway station just a short (10 minutes with luggage) walk. It is up to date with a clean interior and very nice rooms. The staff are friendly however I don't think many of them have English as a first language. I only found this a very slight problem when asking for a face flannel (wash cloth) and eventually had to talk to the maintenance guy who could understand what I was asking for. Otherwise, everything was very smooth even with a slight confusion about which day I was checking out.
The hotel has is next to the road so all the front rooms are facing the road and are slightly noisy. I had to get my room switched after the first night to a room at the rear of the building as it was too noisy. This may have been partially due to some road repair work happening right outside my window......
The bed is a little on the firm side but not uncomfortably so and I've had a good few nights sleep. As with most modern build hotels, the walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbours rather clearly. Not the worst I've stayed at, though.
One rather nice thing in the rooms is that bathroom doors are not solid and are heavily frosted glass making the bathroom feel very light and bigger than it is. Note this may be an issue if you are sharing with others in the room and you feel privacy would be an issue.
The hotel is about 15 minutes from the harbour and from the main shopping centre making it very convenient to get around. It's also very near the railway station which has a bus to the airport.
If this hotel suits your price range i fully recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bristol Centre Hotel Bristol
- Novotel Bristol Centre Hotel
- Accor Bristol Centre
- Novotel Bristol
- Bristol Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Bristol is a 4 star hotel in the heart of Bristol. Five minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads Railway station and in close proximity to the shopping centre and all the main leisure attractions as well as bars and restaurants in the city. With a conference suite of seven rooms for up to 200 people plus free WiFi in all bedrooms, meeting rooms and public areas. At the end of an eventful day, enjoy our Elements Restaurant and Bar or relax in our health suite. Onsite pay parking and accessible facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, ACCOR, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Novotel Bristol Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.